Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1938 Cary Grant, Ginger Rogers Paper Dolls

Lena_Horne

One of the Regulars
Etienne said:
Hi, Lena Horne, I just got his biography for Mothers' Day! Can't wait to dig into it!

The one I bought is by Marc Eliot and it is really pretty darn good. But be prepared, he led quite an interesting private life but it doesn't make me love him any less. I'm just now getting to the part about his work with Hitchcock, it should be quite insightful.

L_H

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I listened to the same book on audiobook. I wasn't really prepared for the private life, and I think the author focused a lot on the negative... but maybe it's just me...

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Well, I guess what it boils down to is that his private life is really neither here nor there. The end result is that the charisma and charm he projected on screen brought great joy to a wide audience and still does so today, and I suppose that that is what really matters--in fact, we are still collecting paper dolls of him and Ginger today ;)

Amapola

Familiar Face
I'm going to have to pull out an old Cary movie so I can refresh my fairytale image of him! :cry:

I had no idea about his life experiences, but as Jitterbugdoll said, it is good we have the positive things to remember him by. (and swoon by when necessary!)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Marc Chevalier said:
Cary Grant experimented with bisexuality. Lived for a bit with Randolph Scott

It is not plausible that CG and RS were simply great friends?

Grantscottl.jpg

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
gossip

Next thing I know you'll say Tyrone Power and Cesar Romero were lovers.
Then again they said the same thing about Rock Hudson.
If there was gossip about he-men like Jeff Chandler, then I'd be surprised!

Tongue in cheek,
The Wolf

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
rock hudson was different.....:rolleyes: just because two guys are hanging out does not make them gay or bisexual...even if it is true of Cary Grant, I would rather live in denial and think of him as a true ladies man :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner