Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940's Aviator Jacket

fishmeok

Vendor
I finally got around to trying my hand at one- I have been wanting to make one vere since I saw them in the 1942 catalog thread. This thing took forever but it was a lot of fun- I really like the unique D pocket and the scalloped back.

More pics here: http://superiorjackets.com/?p=800
Cheers
Mark

100.jpg

104.jpg

118.jpg

123.jpg

D

Deleted member 16736

Looks the business. (I've been wanting to say that....) But how come no center stitch down the back?

I like your leather. Is it veg tanned Horween?

Edward

Bartender
The notion of one of these in goatskin gets me a goin', for some reason... Lovely design. A jacket in a similar design vein to my Aero Bootlegger, but that abstract 'D' pocket gives it a look all its own. Never seen another quite like it.

fishmeok

Vendor
Thanks- I really liked how the jacket is given a more formal look in the catalogs- the biker jacket as daily wear (and before the style was so strongly associated with the motorcycle) and an excellent alternative to the straight front halfbelt. I am going to take some pics of me wearing it, but it's about -4 outside right now and usually dark by the time I get home from work...

The hide is Horween, nice mid weight, it will break in beautifully.

Gancho

One of the Regulars
fishmeok, in every detail of the jacket I can see your pleasure in that what you did. The result is absolutelly beautiful.

Grettings to Minneapolis

Olli

AngryNJ

Familiar Face
Great jacket! Have you thought about doing a women's jacket? I've been trying to find a decent leather jacket as a gift for my girlfriend, but all the quality makers make only mens.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
The notion of one of these in goatskin gets me a goin', for some reason... Lovely design. A jacket in a similar design vein to my Aero Bootlegger, but that abstract 'D' pocket gives it a look all its own. Never seen another quite like it.

I was thinking the same thing. For some reason I thought it would look great in a nice pebble goatskin too.

fishmeok, what would this jacket cost in goat?

fedoralover

fishmeok

Vendor
This would be awesome in goat, but right now I only have access to dark seal brown stuff. I know the reason John and Dave and I only make men's jackets is because we are men- I have absolutely no idea how to make a womens jacket, they have curves and stuff that we don't have....

cheers
Mark

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
This would be awesome in goat, but right now I only have access to dark seal brown stuff. I know the reason John and Dave and I only make men's jackets is because we are men- I have absolutely no idea how to make a womens jacket, they have curves and stuff that we don't have....

cheers
Mark

Telling the wife you have to start studying the female form so you can make a womans jacket won't wash Mark. ;)

Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot