Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940's Big Band Brilliantine!

Joe_Frances

New in Town
Found a website yesterday for a company that is selling a new product called 1940's Big Band Brilliantine! Anyone who appreciates the style and look of the Golden Era knows how hard it is to duplicate the look of mens' hair from that time frame. I am going to give this a try. Anyone here heard about this? Tried it?

I will let you guys know, you may want to take a look at the site, it's:

www.bigbandbrilliantine.com

Very cool.

poetman

A-List Customer
Thanks for the link. Definitely let me know how this works for you--pictures would be great. I'm looking for a new hair product and don't know where to start.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Must a admit its worth buying for the container, however, from experience, I have tried so many products to keep my "Boyish fringe" in check they all seem so oily, the only thing that works for me is Matrix "Dirty trix" its like concrete, you can get up, put some on, have fencing lessons, a shower, luncheon at "Air" within "David Jones" catch a Matinee of "Easy Virtue" at the "Picadilly Art Deco Cinema"" finish with champagne Tea at "C" ...the hair is still in place!

http://www.crestaurant.com.au/menus/special/

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Take a hinge at this:

Well, a friend of mine and I have been working on the same thing... we're calling it:

dappermancan5finalcopyey1.jpg

Our product I use daily, we are just finishing a few details and getting it all worked out. We're going to start getting it out for purchase very soon and I'll keep you all posted if any of you guys want to try it. Our product is all natural, no petroleum products, it washes right out and has a good hold.

So, what do ya guys think?

poetman

A-List Customer
Forgotten Man said:
Well, a friend of mine and I have been working on the same thing... we're calling it:

dappermancan5finalcopyey1.jpg

Our product I use daily, we are just finishing a few details and getting it all worked out. We're going to start getting it out for purchase very soon and I'll keep you all posted if any of you guys want to try it. Our product is all natural, no petroleum products, it washes right out and has a good hold.

So, what do ya guys think?

If you're offering sample, I'd love to try one.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Your product sounds interesting, Forgotten.
I've been unhappy with all I've tried. Let me know when things get going.
I just might be a Dapper-Man man. :)

Sincerely,
The Wolf

P.S. I think the name and design are different enough from prop in O, Brother Where Art Thou to avoid a lawsuit.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Brian Sheridan said:
Any concern with copywrite infringement with Warner Brother's pictures?

The classic name of the pamade used in "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" was called "Dapper Dan". I didn't think of the name, it is TM'd and we shouldn't have any problems.

I will tell my friend that some of you gents would like some samples... I'll keep you guys up to speed.

Raphael

New in Town
I ordered some of the 1940's Big Band Brilliantine last week but haven't received it yet. I thought I'd just try it out for kicks and see if it works. Let me know when the Dapper Man is available and I'll try that also.

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
fluteplayer07 said:
The jar I ordered just came in, so how do I use it? Melt it down? Use as is?

I had a jar a while back, just rub it in between your palms and apply after it gets a little warm from friction. I loved the stuff just need to get some more. I used it with Black and White and it did better that anything I had ever used before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy