Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1960's Makeup and Hair

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
I know there is a Mad Men look thread or two but that is just a small segment of an entire decade. I'd like to have a thread devoted to the 60's looks starting from the soft, early 60's spanning to the dramatic, shimmering later part of the decade. I'd love to see your own makeup tips, pics and scans of 60's magazine tutorials, etc!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
I love this hair and eyeliner

2360297834_b27623e3e9.jpg
517211020_5937d1c1b8.jpg

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think of the 60's as very focused on a dramatic eye rather than lip. To do a 60s look I usually bouffant my hair (of course!), put on a pale shimmer eye shadow, line my eyes with a dark liquid liner and wing it out for a cat eye. Then big, piece-y (not natural looking) false lashes finished with lots of mascara on the top and bottom lashes.

For lips, usually something coral, pink, or shimmery. I'm sure nude would work too but I'm not really a nude lip kind of gal.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I think of the 60's as very focused on a dramatic eye rather than lip. To do a 60s look I usually bouffant my hair (of course!), put on a pale shimmer eye shadow, line my eyes with a dark liquid liner and wing it out for a cat eye. Then big, piece-y (not natural looking) false lashes finished with lots of mascara on the top and bottom lashes.

For lips, usually something coral, pink, or shimmery. I'm sure nude would work too but I'm not really a nude lip kind of gal.

Yes, it is more about the eyes and less than the lip and that's what I like! Would love to see a pic of you a la 60's!

goldwyn girl, that's great, thanks for posting!

Viola

Call Me a Cab
When I think of that kind of dark eye makeup with soft natural lips, I always think of Brigitte Bardot.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Audrey Hepburn probably deserves a nod as well but I think of Bardot first probably because I think, like Angelina Jolie, Bardot's lips are more crucial to that dramatic-but-nude look.

Whereas Audrey Hepburn I just think of first as elfin. Then I think of her eyes and brows.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
For me, there are 2 faces that epitomize the 1960s: Twiggy and Jean Shrimpton.

1960s Jean Shrimpton,an icon in any era! lots of mascara, pale lips, simply gorgeous!
2644287417_4d13ef3b31.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
PrettySquareGal said:
I also love the 60's Gidget beach bunny look! Sandra Dee is my favorite Gidget, but that was 1959.
Oh, me too!:) I also adore the sixties stewardess look
399592205_916b80b797.jpg

and the cheerleader look
1962-1963Cheerleaders.jpg

1962-63

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy