Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1968 newport

The Wingnut

One Too Many
There was a '66 around the corner from my parents' place for a few years. Original owners wanted $8,000 for it. Essentially the same condition, lower trim level. Had very RARE base-level 'Chrysler' script dogdish hubcaps. I kept watching the price inch down, $200 at a time, 'til someone bit around $4k and it disappeared. I had my hands full of '72 Fury at the time.

'68 was a great year for Ma Mopar. Bodystyles were great, the option list was huge, the motors were great, and sales were just about as good as they'd ever get. Someday I'll get another.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Good Lord!!!!:eek: There was a beautiful green '68 two-door Custom with 68,000 original miles and seats covers in clear plastic in Half Moon Bay for the longest time. Asking price $8,000. Owned by a little old Portuguese lady. I should have snagged it.:D

Matt Noir

One of the Regulars
Wow, that brings back memories. I bought my first car when I was 17 - a 1968 Chrysler Newport for $400 from an older man that was the original owner (was a steal back in 1986). I had it for three years before selling it for $1000 - I wish I would have kept it - I could fit 10 people inside!

Regards,

Matt

Razzman

One Too Many
Wingnut, hearing you talk about fitting 8 people in the trunk reminds me of my high school days. We would go to the drive-in movies and the driver and a passenger would pay admission, and 6 or 8 buddies would hide in the trunk until the movie started. :D

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
That's a beautiful car, shoeshineboy! Very well cared for.

Here's my '67 Newport Custom. I paid $1,000.00 for it in April of 2000. It had just under 42,000 miles at the time. I drive it a couple times a week and to car shows. It currently has 79,000 miles on it. It has the green interior that was exclusive to the Newport Custom. I once turned down an offer of $7,000.00 cash on the spot. I love this car. :)

ChrissyatParksidemodified.jpg

Newportlf.jpg

dscn0482.jpg

dscn0479.jpg

dscn0466.jpg

dscn0123.jpg

dscn0128.jpg

Lee

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
MrNewportCustom said:
That's a beautiful car, shoeshineboy! Very well cared for.

Here's my '67 Newport Custom. I paid $1,000.00 for it in April of 2000. It had just under 42,000 miles at the time. I drive it a couple times a week and to car shows. It currently has 79,000 miles on it. It has the green interior that was exclusive to the Newport Custom. I once turned down an offer of $7,000.00 cash on the spot. I love this car. :)

http
[IMG]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/MrNewportCustom/dscn0466.jpg

Lee

Izzat some kinda gun sight?? :eek:

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
It's a laser for shooting stupid drivers. The black knob on the back adjusts the intensity of the beam: sometimes, you just want to send a message.

Lee

It's curently set on "high."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot