Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2013 Cordovan Aero Cropduster

pauleway

Practically Family
Schitzo - Beautiful jacket! Love those belted sleeves, and the fit is really good. My brother has an Aero cordovan 30's HB and in certain light it has very purple hilites. It is also one of the heaviest jackets (weight wise) I've seen. Anyway, nice buy, enjoy and congrats!

wdw

One Too Many
At last the answer... I'm a bit surprised at the weight, as it seems to weight the same as my 38 Stockman, which I'd have thought was a bigger beast. I was basing my guess on my 40 Teamster, which is about 2.35kg. Maybe they've sown a few gold sovs into the lining for escape purposes. :)

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the pics and write up Schitz, the little-seen Cropduster has been revealed at last. I reckon it's a fine addition to the
Aero stable. While the full impact of the cordovan doesn't show up perfectly in the photos, the colour is still very rich. Your looks
impressive and, typically, now I want one of those, too.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Reason I was curious to ask you aerophiles is that when I put it on it doesn't feel heavy, or like it will need very much break in, if any at all. Turns out this jacket is lighter than the brown FQHH HB I had previously and also that brown Hercules by more than 20%. Is the brown FQHH heavier or have I simply got some thinner Cordovan for this jacket?

Anyway it isn't a criticism, just an observation.

Interesting you mention this, the FQHH Teamster I took hold of just 2 weeks ago also seems lighter or thinner/less stiff (hard to describe) than my FQHH Cafe Racer. I was convinced it was made of mid weight HH and had actually composed an email to both aero and thurston to ask them.

I pulled out my old body fat callipers I have to measure thickness to compare the two...turns out they were pretty much the same thickness but it definitely feels different...just assumed I was going mad and left it.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
around about 25 medium sized potatoes, piled high single file

As I recall, 25 medium sized potatoes, piled high single file would equate to roughly 6'2" and would also account for what appears to be excellent proportions for a jacket with a 28" back. ;)

As I said earlier in this thread, I don't see how the fit could be improved upon!

smoz

One of the Regulars
Great fit and a good looking jacket, the high nipped in waist works well with the half belt (though I don't imagine the combination would work too well with my beer gut).

What colour stitching did you go for in the end?

schitzo

Suspended
What colour stitching did you go for in the end?
I asked Aero about that i.e. what did they think about contrast stitching for this jacket and the advice came back that for a classic like this I should leave it, so I did and it's the stock option

He is tall and thin, the fit he should try next time is a shorter cut, so the jacket sits on the waist not on the hips.
Are you talking about I should have this jacket shorter or some other style? Don't forget I have my 24.5 long Dakota and 25.5 long Roadster to try and fit into the rota

As I recall, 25 medium sized potatoes, piled high single file would equate to roughly 6'2"
true, I'm half an inch under 6,2 to be precise

simonc

Practically Family
No that jacket looks great on you man, excellent, what I am talking about is a shorter jacket entirely, but of course you have the Dakota and Roadster true. But I reckon you could go shorter still say with a Bronco A2, or a bike jacket or the Hollywood - will someone please get a King of the Road ffs!

schitzo

Suspended
well Simon, I dunno if shorter than 24.5" would be possible with any of those, and realistically I tend to think it wouldn't.

Anyhow, I finally took a piece of advice a few of you have thrown at me, and got some red wings this week since cultizm are offering a 20% bonus voucher which can be redeemed against sale items. and so with these 2917s already on sale
http://www.cultizm.com/product_info...-Boots-2917D-Chelsea-Rancher-Boots-Brown.html
and with free delivery thrown in I got them for about £134. I'd seen some pictures where they looked brown and others where they looked a reddy brown and I bought them hoping for brown to match my Dakota. Well, the news is they don't match that jacket but they are a pretty good match for this Cropduster, with a definite purple tinge. So it's worked out alright and I'm keeping them.

Like the jacket the colour of these is also hard to capture, but trust me they're a decent match for this Cordovan Cropduster. Here's the best snap I managed

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner