Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

30s-50s British Suit Trouser photo resource

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
Jovan said:
Anthony Jordan: Would you mind posting pictures of the front of the trousers? :)

Hello
Here we go, through the wonder of modern technology I have learnt how to add images. So, Gentlemen, one of my favourite suits.. very high rise...
DSCF1414.jpg

DSCF1416.jpg

DSCF1411.jpg

charcoal.jpg

GBR

One of the Regulars
Sir RBH!

How high is the rise in relation to the navel at the front and indeed how much greater is it at the rear?

It looks unusual without the coat in modern terms but with it looks excellent - and I guess comfortable?

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
GBR said:
Sir RBH!

How high is the rise in relation to the navel at the front and indeed how much greater is it at the rear?

It looks unusual without the coat in modern terms but with it looks excellent - and I guess comfortable?
Hello there

the rise is VERY high and wonderfully comfortable..

One of my favourite suits
charcoal.jpg

GBR

One of the Regulars
Sir RBH said:
Hello there

the rise is VERY high and wonderfully comfortable..

One of my favourite suits
/QUOTE]

I appreciate that but for replication and confidence that it can work I would be interested to know HOW high - ie more than 3"?

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Welcome aboard Sir RBH... I think you'll have alot of fun here.
Many of us have discovered the resource that the computer machine has become in bringing the well suited together from around the globe and allowing us to share our passion throogh means of electrical transcription.

Very nice trousers on that suit.

Jovan

Suspended
Edward VIII would be proud, Sir RBH. You pull off the classic English look with the cutaway collar very well. I was actually asking Anthony Jordan if he could show the fronts of his trousers, but I can see how you may have misunderstood that as a quote. :)

slicedbread

A-List Customer
Is that a vintage suit sir RBH?? the jacket seems very long...i assume there's a reason for this?? Are hunting/country/casual(don't know the term) jackets traditionally worn longer?

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
Your wish is my command...

Grey suit trousers

Picture218.jpg

Picture219.jpg

1960s green John Collier suit:

Picture220.jpg

Green high-backs:

Picture221.jpg

Spongebag morning trousers:

Picture222.jpg

Grey flannels:

Picture223.jpg

Hector Powe half morning dress/stroller trousers:

Picture224.jpg

More morning trousers:

Picture225.jpg

A sort of fuzzy tramline stripe:

Picture226.jpg

white flannels:

Picture227.jpg

Sir RBH - no prizes for guessing which bracemakers you honour with your custom!

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
Thank you both; it's a pleasure. Most of my suit wardrobe is vintage, so I have a fair few pairs now, and a few yet to be photographed - but I'll get round to them. The grey suit trousers, by the way, are Burton's, from 1961 and unfortunately quite badly worn in spots. However, they'll do, and I'm enjoying wearing the suit (a three-piece) today.

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
slicedbread said:
Is that a vintage suit sir RBH?? the jacket seems very long...i assume there's a reason for this?? Are hunting/country/casual(don't know the term) jackets traditionally worn longer?

Yes, indeed, very vintage.. 45 years old. The jacket is rather long and of course almost impossible to alter without destroying the shape..
Still.. its a lovely suit to wear

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
Matt Deckard said:
Welcome aboard Sir RBH... I think you'll have alot of fun here.
Many of us have discovered the resource that the computer machine has become in bringing the well suited together from around the globe and allowing us to share our passion through means of electrical transcription.

Very nice trousers on that suit.

Gentlemen..
I received a new (to me) suit at the weekend.. A wonderful 3 piece Tweed.. Dark Green with mustard windowpane.
All the traditional details, brace buttons, nigh rise etc. however it has one wonderful feature (and the entire reason i purchased it). A Fall front as you would expect from Breeches/Jodhpurs..
here are some images.. Please excuse the slightly revealing nature!!
May130009.jpg

The front is supported by 4 vertical fly buttons in the centre and then 4 other buttons along the top edge of the waistband..
May130039.jpg

May130050.jpg

May130058.jpg

Jovan

Suspended
Wow. That fall front (I'll have to remember that word for my terminology) is the mark of a well thought out and made pair of trousers. Seems it could be a bit inconvenient at certain times, though. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt