Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

40R tweed half belt back action pleated tweed jacket. SEE PICS!

il_570xN.563880145_8pwj.jpg il_570xN.563880133_rno8.jpg il_570xN.563768814_co11.jpg

1960's but very 20's inspired. Flecked tweed with action half belt back & pleats! WOW!

in my Etsy store now.... www.RichardsFabulousFind.etsy.com

Thanks guys!

cpdv

One of the Regulars
Don't get me wrong it's a lovely jacket although a little too 30s for my taste. From my experience about $100 less is in the reasonable range for a good 60s take on a 30s jacket like that. Not quite sure about the Ralph Lauren bit though...

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Rude or not... there are rules, which everybody here ought to have read, right?

scotrace said:
Please DO NOT blame the Lounge or the Classified Section or the "cheapskate members" if your item doesn't sell or generate interest.
Also, be willing to accept suggestions from other members who may ask you to post better pictures, for example, or who may say outright that your item is not valuable and you should give up trying to command top dollar.

I recommend having a look at the entire thing:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?3683-Read-this-before-posting-here

Cordially

DamianM

Vendor
Facts:
Its a 1970s does 1930s belt back with pleats, not a 1920s copy ( the cut of the garment would suggest this and the fact that in the 70s they copied in general the 30-40s and not the 20s).

I do believe the price is a very high for being a copy.

It's not a designer garment. Ralph Lauren does have an $1800 model but this is not that Ralph Lauren version or RRL.

One can have an 1970s does 1930s copy fro quite cheap($10-$50) if they look on Ebay or a thirft store (I find them all the time). I have several of these copy's actually.

BTW I know were I can find an original 1930s 3 piece suit for that price as well.

In the end Its hard to sell to those that know a thing or two.

Last edited:
thank you for your corrective concerning the dates of this jacket. However. I do think it rude to post statements as such concerning a persons posting in the Classifieds. This is what I do as my sole source of income. I would NEVER come on someones posting and make price statements and basically chastise a person for trying to make a living. Driving someone away from a listing is totally uncalled for.

DamianM

Vendor
Fine you are trying to make a living and that is good. Just then wait for someone who will pay your price. There is a fool made every minute right?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Is this a Gimbles vs Macys thing going on here. Is someone going to take a retaliatory poop on Damian's listings now.

:pop2:

Last edited:

ottawa_adam

One of the Regulars
Rude or not... there are rules, which everybody here ought to have read, right?

[/SIZE]

I recommend having a look at the entire thing:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?3683-Read-this-before-posting-here

Cordially

If you are a vendor and not someone selling items you simply do not wish to own, there is a Merchant's forum on our site.

Further information here: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?52323-Merchants-and-The-Fedora-Lounge

Respectfully,

Adam

Sadly shitting on other people's sales is quite common here. I think I've been guilty before, but I tried to couch it in friendly terms. I've certainly been the "victim" of "cheapskate" non-buyer/tyre-kickers commenting in my own threads - this beauty of a "debate" that was shut down is a classic of the genre.

Now I try to stay out of the debate, maybe asking a question along the lines of "Looks 70s to me, what makes you think 30s?" and letting potential buyers take from that what they will.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
As pointed out it is within the rules here to give ones opinion if something is way overpriced.
Pointing out that 265 USD for a 70's jacket is the same price one could get an original suit or sportcoat is factual and not "talking badly" about someones sale.

Anyway... As ottawa_adam mentioned (and the forum rules clearly state) professional sellers have the "Merchants" section.
Classifieds is for private members. I am aware that sometimes it's blurry, but what irks me are sellers who don't participate in this forum, other than posting links to their sales.

Last edited:

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
i think it's the tone of the comments that is the issue. as long as they're civilised there's nothing wrong with politely questioning date or price.

some people on here like to talk tough and it can come off as provocative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails