Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

40s photo shoot

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
what a blast today! take two really good looking people. put them in great clothes and voila! instant fun.

these are just quickie processings so if they are too light or too dark it is because i am doing them on my laptop cause i am too tired to go sit at the big computer!

we won't use all these and i have more folks to shoot but i thought ya'll would enjoy seeing FLers in some cool duds.

marc in one of his great hats
3966_chevalier.jpg

couldn't decide which of these of queenie i liked best so posting three!
3927_queenie_1b.jpg

3921_queenie_1a.jpg

i like this effect but would love to hear opinions?
3921_queenie%20copy_2.jpg

on the run
3954_couple%20running.jpg

marc in a suit
4035_chevalier%20single.jpg

now look doll, tell me where the jewels are.
4022_couple.jpg

and just because...
3981_queenie_1a.jpg

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Those are amazing photos! Wonderful job! Queenie looks absolutely lovely, as if she somehow walked down from the silver screen. Marc looks dapper as ever. Very Impressive.

Feraud

Bartender
The picture is wonderful. It reminds me of one tinted black and photos I have seen. Excellent!
RedShoesGirl said:
3921_queenie%20copy_2.jpg

The composition on this one is great!
4022_couple.jpg
Outstanding photographs and I look forward to seeing many more.

Was this just for fun or is there a reason you took the shots?

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Lara,

These photos are absolutely stunning! Granted, your choice of models could not have been better, but your use of lighting and depth of field is terrific. What are you shooting? The resolution is outstanding. My only regret is that you live too far away for me to book some studio time!

Marc and Queenie...you two look terrific (as always!) :)

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Great photos. :eusa_clap I liked the colour effect. It looked like an old tinted post card. Nice.
But of course with models like that, how could you go wrong.

*(now, if you're ever looking for a "character" face rather than a handsome one...;) )

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Beautiful!!! Your pics are great and Marc and Queenie look fabulous!

Queenie, I see you wore one of my favorite hats! Yay! :eusa_clap

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
Feraud said:
The picture is wonderful. It reminds me of one tinted black and photos I have seen. Excellent!

Outstanding photographs and I look forward to seeing many more.

Was this just for fun or is there a reason you took the shots?

thanks so much everyone!

the reason behind the photos is a story i am doing on vintage dressing and fashion for the newspaper i work for, the victorville daily press. southern california desert. i just finished one on victorian dressing and now started shooting this one.

not sure where it is going yet, whether story driven or fashion driven. depends on how the future shoots go i suppose.

thanks again folks!

rsg

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Stars are born !!!!

I see a major motion picture contract!!! These photographs are stunning! "Well done", to all concerned - talent and crew alike!

Suitable for framing!

Regards,
Dixon Cannon

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
Johnnysan said:
Lara,

These photos are absolutely stunning! Granted, your choice of models could not have been better, but your use of lighting and depth of field is terrific. What are you shooting? The resolution is outstanding. My only regret is that you live too far away for me to book some studio time!

Marc and Queenie...you two look terrific (as always!) :)

thanks johnny, i was using a canon 20D, with mostly an old 80-200mm lens, one of canon's best and sharpest. a couple of shots i used a wide zoom but haven't posted any of those yet. actually didn't like them. :)

i no longer have a studio, gave that up when i left the bay area. now i just shoot on locations.

had to let the models/actors know, always be aware of where your light is. they were such quick learners!

lara

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace