Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

40s Womens Shoes and 30s/40s Top for Sale

lyburnum

Practically Family
Heel Height: 3 ¼”
Inner Length: 9 7/8”
Width Across Sole: 3”

I would guess these at a 4.5 – 5 UK shoe size. (US 7)

These shoes are so beautiful and I would keep them if they weren’t half a size too small. I tried once to wear them out and could hardly walk by the end of the night! It has amazing detailing on the front, which I’ve never seen on other shoes I’ve looked at. It has grosgrain ribbon in an X pattern and half hearts on either side. The nubuck is in beautiful condition and has been cleaned by my husband with a suede block and brush.

I have had the shoes resoled, which makes them infinitely more comfortable as it has a much thicker sole with much more grip.

The only flaw of note is that the leather at the bottom of each heel inside has started to come away from the shoe. Not noticeable at all when you wear them. There is also very very minor wear to the back of the shoe. Again not noticeable when wearing and expected with shoes of this age.

I'm looking for £65 for these

shoes6.jpg

shoe2.jpg

shoe1i.jpg

shoes5.jpg

shoes4.jpg

shoes3g.jpg

lyburnum

Practically Family
1930s/1940s rayon blouse with button up front. Beautiful embroidered detail on the front of daisies. Has some fading on the left sleeve. I've worn this out before and in all honesty no one seemed to notice. Has some shine as I think someone got a little too heavy handed with the iron. One small repair on the front. 25" waist. It's on a 26" waist mannequin and it barely fit.

I'm looking for £35 OBO on this one.

blouse2.jpg

blouse3.jpg

blouse4.jpg

blouse1.jpg

blouse5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany