Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5 fold scarf

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
This tie owes it's volume not to any backing or innerlining but to it's own material. It is just that. a large piece of material folded 5 times to get the shape you see. Now the non plus ultra if ties is the 7 fold tie, and they are the ultimate in understatement. These are rare masterpieces of the necktie's art and are rather expensive, so I do believe you have received a deal there. Even at that, does it look like a neck tie or a true cravat? If it is a cravat then the only thing I know about those it that they are always made of silk, and most likely go through the same folding process to make them.
two.jpg

Now for the pictures.;)

Cheers!

Dan

Section10

One of the Regulars
Thank you for the info. It looks like a plain cotton or linen tie to me. It's 47" long and 4" at its widest. I just bought it out of curiosity since I'll probably never wear it. I like ties and I'm always buying them even though my work and my social life give me little excuse to actually wear any. Someday, I'll have to sell some. The narrow, 60's style ties are very common around here and I have to keep restraining myself from getting any more. (although I did pick up a really neat one yesterday and a swell 40's wide Beau Brummell.:)
The Beau Brummell was pretty short so it had a tag on it that said 'youth'. They didn't know what they were selling so I got it kind of cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran