Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5 years in the Lounge!!!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Last Thursday was the 5th anniversary of the day I joined the Fedora Lounge. One of the best days of my life. I just want to thank all the neat people that I've met here, and give you all a big shout out. :wave:

Edward

Bartender
I must be coming up on the five myself soon. Jinkies, time flies. There's another forum I've now been on for a decade, but I'm less than particularly active on it now, and certainly not so enthusiastic.

Edward

Bartender
Whoo-hoo!!

My big "5" was on January 1!! Just think of all the technological changes since then.....darn.

Ha, yeah... I normally date that sort of thing by when I last had an actual relationship, which must have been....... 2005, so in that time I've had vintage, Imelda May going solo and becoming a highly successful artist, my brother having kids, so many of my friends getting married and some of them having kids, my cats (who will be four in April), Beijing becoming a semi-regular fixture in my life, been to Washington DC for the first time - and many other places, the advent of social networking, the rise and fall of mySpace, the rise and (I predict within the next three years, or as soon as a viable alternative that actually understands the concept of privacy, let alone respects it, appears) fall of Facebook, closing in on a dozen leather jackets, two office moves, the advent of mobile phones with cameras in them, the advent of mobile phones with decent cameras in them, smart phones, touch screen phones, portable internet worth the bother, wifi, tablet computers, the rise of Apple as a cool mainstream brand, the death of Apple as a cool brand, total saturation point for reality television, BluRay, the death of the Saturday morning magazine TV show for kids.... and on.....

Futureshock can kick in easy, and hard, if I give it too much thought.

It's funny how easy it is to think that nothing much has changed in the rel world in the last twenty years (as per another recent thread), and then you see a TFV show from back then that was up to the minute and cutting edge, like Cracker, and see just how dated it looks. Jinkies, it was only in late 2003 that I bought my first digital camera....

Last edited:

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Interesting how this sat for a month then got a few bumps again.
Yes, so much water has passed under the bridge in 5 years. Hard for me to think of life without the Lounge. :)

Edward

Bartender
Interesting how this sat for a month then got a few bumps again.
Yes, so much water has passed under the bridge in 5 years. Hard for me to think of life without the Lounge. :)

One big change I notice is feeling naked without a hat. I started wearing one daily just at the time I joined the lounge - before that, it was something I wore only in extremes of weather to keep the sun off or the heat in.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Last Thursday was the 5th anniversary of the day I joined the Fedora Lounge. One of the best days of my life. I just want to thank all the neat people that I've met here, and give you all a big shout out. :wave:

It is a fine thing to be able to read your posts and to learn with everyone else, the knowledge and wisdom shared. Thanks and Gratz!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit