Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

50s jackets

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Got no dough right now, but . . .

. . . I really dig the gab jackets Aero Leather clothing make. They've got a nice late 40's look about them, and you can have them custom made with pleats in the back, flap pockets, etc. if you like.

I'm looking forward to seeing your green gab, Root.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Aero is making them? Really? That's cool... I bet they cost more then the originals! I was lucky and dropped $150 on my green gab! I don't spend dough like that much but, when it's an original dark green gab in my size, I have no choice but to buy it!

Well, I'll get some photos of it up tomorrow.

=WR=

flat-top

Root, was that the one we saw at Aardvarks?? It was killer!!!
I've got several gab jackets like these! I'll have to post some pics of the coolest ones soon!
flat-top

Wild Root

Gone Home
Yeah, that's right, you were there when I found it!!! Yeah man, I finally got it, it was there for ever man, and they came down from $200. to $150! They said it was up there for too long so, they wanted to get it out of there. Lucky me!

I'll post some photos tomorrow!

=WR=

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
One of my customers will be shortly commissioning me to reproduce this 50s jacket from Back to the Future:

1bttf30.jpg

Hopefully I'll have it added to my site in early July. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it turns out as I've always liked this style, though I generally dress more 30s myself.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

flat-top

Marc Chevalier said:
Don't forget that doeskin (deerskin) was a popular suede leather for jackets in the '30s, '40s, and even early '50s. An example:

mayauctionphotosmore025.jpg
mayauctionphotosmore027.jpg

mayauctionphotosmore028.jpg
Oh my! Marc, do you own that jacket? It's awesome!

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
J. M. Stovall said:
It seems like work jackets from the 40's are cut the same, it's just the two-tone thing didn't appear until the 50's.

The tone tone jackets, and shirts, were pretty well ingrained into the wardrobe of young hepcats by the mid 40's.

flat-top

FredDairy said:
How about one of these? Most of the modern Levis jackets have the front chest pockets. Any ideas on what kind this is?

375738813_l.jpg
I'm no expert, but it looks like Mr. Cochran is wearing a WWII model Levis jacket. Only one chest pocket and a buckle back. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy