Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Love it or Hate it? Fine Creek Arrow Jacket!

111Joel111

Familiar Face
Hey Guys,
Would love to get a feel on this jacket.
What do you guys think of this Fine Creek Arrow jacket in goat leather?
Second question, what do we think of Fine creek leather jackets?
Any opinions are really appreciated!
Joel

Attachments

• 1_000000007327.jpg
    1_000000007327.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 3_000000007327.jpg
    3_000000007327.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 96
  • 8_000000007327.jpg
    8_000000007327.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 90
  • acjk062p-14.jpg
    acjk062p-14.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 101
  • acjk062p-15.jpg
    acjk062p-15.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 102
Some of the blatant robberies by FC of Vanson’s deigns have bothered me in the past. This particular jacket does not. I think this one looks OK minus the looped chain pocket pulls. Those pulls have no business on handwarmer pockets. Chest pocket only IMO. They just look weird but the rest of the jacket not too bad.

111Joel111

Familiar Face
I'm saying that discussions on FCL jackets tend to escalate quickly here on TFL because people have strong but conflicting views on the brand.
Ohhhh got it! I kinda like the way the go on their tangents. And its just hard to work out if they look good on a human.

111Joel111

Familiar Face
Some of the blatant robberies by FC of Vanson’s deigns have bothered me in the past. This particular jacket does not. I think this one looks OK minus the looped chain pocket pulls. Those pulls have no business on handwarmer pockets. Chest pocket only IMO. They just look weird but the rest of the jacket not too bad.
Cheers! Good to know. And what do you think about the textured goat leather… is that good or bad?

Cheers! Good to know. And what do you think about the textured goat leather… is that good or bad?
I’m not sure I understand. Goatskin is textured on its own. It’s one of the most textured surface, finished leathers you can use, so that term has me scratching my head. Far as goat goes, it looks just fine to me.

111Joel111

Familiar Face
I do like the my vanson model F. The leather used in my jacket reminds me of the CXL. Nice thick and grease. LOL. Vanson take on the jacket is excellent and will treat your wallet with dignity.
Cheers! Good to know! Don't s'pose you have a pic of you in it? Would help me out

111Joel111

Familiar Face
I’m not sure I understand. Goatskin is textured on its own. It’s one of the most textured surface, finished leathers you can use, so that term has me scratching my head. Far as goat goes, it looks just fine to me.
maybe using the word 'textured' next to 'goat skin' was a little redundant. Cheers!

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
At first glance, it doesn't look as bad as most Fine Creeks, but the tubular shape is really ill-proportioned. The goatskin looks beautiful though, so I'll give them that.

I'd rather get the real Vanson. It has a much more flattering line.

111Joel111

Familiar Face
At first glance, it doesn't look as bad as most Fine Creeks, but the tubular shape is really ill-proportioned. The goatskin looks beautiful though, so I'll give them that.

I'd rather get the real Vanson. It has a much more flattering line.
Cheers! Sounds like the Vanson is the winner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner