Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for Moto Style brown leather jacket recommendations

silent

New in Town
Hi friends,
By way of an update, the Schott in size M arrived today. It fits well in the shoulders, but still feels baggy, and the arms are at least 1.5 inches too long. Overall the fit makes me looked swamped in the jacket. Due to the fact that the shoulders fit well, I don't think that sizing down will fix the fit issue. No complaints about the leather or build quality though. Looks like this one's going to be returned and my best bet is to start the custom aero process.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi friends,
By way of an update, the Schott in size M arrived today. It fits well in the shoulders, but still feels baggy, and the arms are at least 1.5 inches too long. Overall the fit makes me looked swamped in the jacket. Due to the fact that the shoulders fit well, I don't think that sizing down will fix the fit issue. No complaints about the leather or build quality though. Looks like this one's going to be returned and my best bet is to start the custom aero process.

Do you mind posting pictures? Also which of the Schotts did you order?

I ask because the Schotts with stiffer leathers tend to fit closer to the body when broken in.

silent

New in Town
Do you mind posting pictures? Also which of the Schotts did you order?

I ask because the Schotts with stiffer leathers tend to fit closer to the body when broken in.
Sure, no problem. The leather isn't super stiff, but I admittedly don't have a whole lot to compare it to. I think the pictures clearly show that the arm length is super long, and with the zippers on the arms I doubt that can be easily rectified even if I loved the fit.

https://www.schottnyc.com/products/waxy-pullup-cowhide--jacket.htm?color=98&catID=8#tab-overview

Nykwil

One of the Regulars
Shoulders and chest look big to me IMO

You could def size down and it would still fit. The shoulders would come in a bit lifting the sleeve length and then the rest will follow.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Definitely too big. I'd say a size down would work in many measurements, but the sleeves might still be long.

silent

New in Town
The tops of the shoulders end at almost the exact point that my shoulders end. In my experience with suits and other jackets this is a good rule of thumb for shoulder fit. Is there a different rule of thumb with leather jackets?
The hide looks lovely on it!
It's much more maroon than in the pictures on Schott's site. I think "burgundy" is a good description for the color. It's very pretty but a bit too red to be versatile and work with most of my wardrobe.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Neck hole shoulder width looks good to me but the rest of the lower torso and sleeves can use some tapering and shortening.

Try on the Sheene (Cafe Racer based), and if that doesn't work, try on the Seven (Board Racer based). If the forward collar of the Sheene feels good to you in try on, then you could probably get away with stock sizing, that jacket has wide shoulder, aggressive tapering sleeve and body. If you go with Seven and customize it to look like Sheene, you can also get custom tapering too. I get my Aero's direct from Scotland (because I am in Vancouver). But if you are in the US I would suggest to go through the US retailers like Thurston, especially for your first Aero. Once you get a hang of Aero's vintage cutting you can benefit from picking stuff off their sale page with discounts, but for the very first one, it's best to pay a bit more up front and get to try on a jacket first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner