Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

60s stingy brims

Mr Maltby

One of the Regulars
I was curious if anyone in here wears the stingy brimmed wool patterned fedoras that were all the rage in the 60s?

--If you dont like them, thats fine. I am aware of the general consensus around here, I was just wanting to see if any loungers like that era, and if so, would it be possible to see them?

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
I had a "Totes" roll-up that I purchased around 1985. It was a blue-grey tweed, and I got a lot of good use out of it. I just finally got tired of it.

J.B.

Practically Family
Generally, I'm in the "don't care for 'em" camp but there is one Stetson model that pops up on OFAS every so often that really panics my disco!

It's called the Equalizer.

equalizerstetsondz6.jpg

Some of them look like stingi-brims and others don't -- but they do seem interesting, albeit prolly more apropos for Kansas City/St. Louis winters vice sunny California?! :)

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Mr. Maltby, The really good news is, if you want to collect them, you have found a gold mine which you can harvest with little investment! Enjoy the hobby. :)

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I love older Stingies, heck...I love all kinds of stingies, but I don't think I own any older wool felt like ur talkin' about. The oldest I have is this Dobbs 5th Ave. veloure type....not sure how far back it's even dated?

Dobbs005.jpg

Dobbs004.jpg

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
bolthead, If there's anybody who looks good in a stingy, it has to be you! And brown with black, too. Way to go. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

dnjan

One Too Many
Saw a guy this morning in a tweed stingy-brim. Since I know he regularly bicycles, I asked him about the hat (he usually wears a cap). He explained that the woven hat rolls, so he can wear a bicycle helment, and still wear a hat during the day.

Mr Maltby

One of the Regulars
Tony!

Always a pleasure. It would be great to see you again.

Bolthead: I will take pictures and post to show what I am talking about on monday. That dobbs is a nice one!

I had one just like that, and I took the band off and put on a two inch thick black ribbon --much to my surprise, it actually came off quite nicely!

Again, pictures on monday.

*edit* Actually, in the meantime, heres one. Wes Montgomery the jazz guitarist:
Smith.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24