Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

666 Leathers Japan and Headglide leather jackets.

Motorhead82

New in Town
I have seen a few posts on here where these two brands get mentioned.
Headglide is no more but sometimes there jackets pop up on Ebay. I have owned a blue Lightning clone they made as well as another lightning clone with a sherpa lining. Similar to that worn by the singer of Anti Cimex.
I owned a "666 UK Hardcore jacket" as well.
They are both very similar. The leather is that smooth kind of steerhide that looks almost like fake leather but its pretty thick and seems quite durable. I have never owned a latter day Lewis but I had swatches of the leather used (back when they would send it upon request) and it was nearly identical.
I do recommend 666 if you want something similar to a Lewis for half the price and still UK made. Check the sizing. Their regular fit ones are very slim and their tight fit ones are very very slim because they are of course made to fit Japanese folks not beefy Americans. A tight fit jacket is too tight even on me at 128 lbs. They are really really small. lol
Anyway, hope this information is helpful. I have seen a few posts over the years on this topic.
The website is 666jp.com if you want to have a gander.

From what I know, the 666 is a direct LL knockoff exclusive to Japan. I don't mean that as a bad thing, just that they're virtually identical to the point that I figured Lewis must have been making these for the Japanese market or something. I know they've been around for a while and their stuff looks high quality but I've never handled one so I don't know for sure. They also seem to have done the entire Lewis line-up which is kinda crazy. Motorhead, could you post a few photos of that jacket of yours?

Motorhead82

New in Town
They have a good portion of the Lewis lineup but also other stuff. Like. Johnny Thunders looking black and white jacket and some with big number ten zips. Derrick told me 666 aren't affiliated with LL and LL doesn't use those zippers to my knowledge.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
666 also offers Schott style jackets. I have yet to see a 666 version of the Monza or Super Monza though. Another Japanese company does offer a knock-off Monza made perhaps in India or Parkistan.
While the average 666 jacket uses leather which is very similar to that used by LL, 666 also offers tea core veg tanned hides at a higher price given the Japanese obsession with tea core. The tea core veg tanned hide is not as supple as the LL type steerhide.

Motorhead82

New in Town
I really want their Cyclone type jCket in navy blue. The only thing that tops me is it doesn't have red lining.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany