Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

8 Track

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Not GoldenAge, but a decidely retro release:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/arts/cheap-trick-brings-back-the-8-track/article1205531/

CheapTrick releases new album on CD, Vinyl , & 8-Track.

trick04rv3_8-tra_103521gm-b.jpg

RetroToday

A-List Customer
Cool!

First Vinyl LP records made a nice comeback through special edition albums, now a small comeback for the 8-track, so weird. I've even seen a couple companies making new Cylinder records!

Yet, I feel a comeback is long overdue for audio playback format - I'm praying that some cool new bands out there bring out new 78 rpm records. * Not the vinyl ones though, I want a real thick, old style shellac 78 record that I can play on my heavy-headed 1912 Victrola.

Antje

One Too Many
Paisley said:
Maybe I'm way off, but I imagine these are more for collectors than listeners.

I agree, we own some 8 track tapes and a recorder, but I don't dare puttin'
the tapes in the recorder, I once messed up a tape so I don't use it anymore
but it is fun owning the tapes and recorder

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
Who could forget the CHUGA CHUGA between the tracks. That was an annoying feature especially if you were listening to Jethro Tulls "Passion Play" or "Thick as a Brick". Cassette tapes now are pretty much done. I would always record my albums on Chrome Tape. I never dabbled with the Metal Tapes as they were 12.00 bucks back then (80s).

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
This is one reason I'm not a collector. If I wanted a complete set of something (like every Cheap Trick album in every original format), I'd have to buy a lot of stuff I don't want and can't use (like a new 8-track tape at $30 and LP).

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
Paisley said:
This is one reason I'm not a collector. If I wanted a complete set of something (like every Cheap Trick album in every original format), I'd have to buy a lot of stuff I don't want and can't use (like a new 8-track tape and LP).
Tell me about it ! I'm sweating out my massive DVD collection. One day soon Blue-Ray will be cheap and I will still have my DVDs. I still have BETA Tapes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen