Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

a-2 horsehide

kojax

Practically Family
i was thinking of getting a a-2 horsehide from gibson- barnes.....did anybody here every get one from this company.........the another company i was thining was u.us mfg.......but i heard there horsehide is to heavy........gibson-barnes horsehide is 3 ounces italian horsehide........let me know people thanks*

Raymundo

One of the Regulars
I have a horsehide A-2 from them when they were named Flightsuits. Very nice jacket in a darker russet brown color. The new Historical A-2 jackets are sized bigger than the one I have. A size 40 fits like a 44. Great jackets at good prices with excellent customer service. Go for it and forget about US A unless you take a size long.

Ray

jschare

New in Town
Kojax,

Here are some photos of my Gibson & Barnes A-2. I had a US A A-2 and sold it. The G&B is much better. Go with the G&B and if you do, ask for Amy Garcia. She is the one I worked with and she was great!

Jeff

S7300731a.jpg

S7300733a.jpg

S7300734a.jpg

S7300735a.jpg

kojax

Practically Family
wow nice looking jacket.....i have a A-2 goatskin from gibson barnes nice jacket. i sent back my jacket so they can make a A-2 horsehide for me.......they will take the mearuments from that jacket.....i am getting mahnogany color type a-2 mark 43

kojax

Practically Family
jschare does your a-2 jacket waiste knits seem large.....my friend mearurment were more then 3 inches they seem big to me.........thanks

Senicko_Spain

Suspended
Once again, I don't know what G&B has been smoking, but the knits look like the were plucked off a GI Joe. They are way too tight for the jacket, that coupled with the now mentioned fact that they are too long too boot makes me wonder why they would do this.

kojax

Practically Family
i thought maybe they were to long.....my g-1 jacket from gibson barnes about 3 inches at the waiste of the jacket.....i guess every mfg is differnt******

Raymundo

One of the Regulars
I had G&B put wool replacement knits on my horsehide A-2 and their quality is excellent. Much better than the Eastman knits that I have seen.

Ray

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot