Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-2 Jackets from "12 O'Clock High"

• Thread starter Deleted member 16736
  • Start date

Hopalong

One of the Regulars
There's a donated A-2 from the 12 O'clock High TV series displayed at the museum I'm a member of in Chehalis, Washington. Finding the contracts for the movie A-2's is going to be really hard I'd imagine.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I own this film, watch it once a year. Great film, great film making. If one watches closely throughout the entire film the jackets change. Sometimes Peck has an era correct one piece back, sometimes a 2 piece back. In that it was a B&W film the "texture" of the jacket was more important than the correctness. Wardrobe had to get a jacket that would look "right" in the lens and nothing else needed to be correct. Still, there's not a finer film on the European Air War. I'm still stunned by the FACT that more 8th Air Force men were killed in air operations over Europe than Marinese in the entire Pacific War. Amazing..

Worf

D

Deleted member 16736

I did not know that statistic. That is astonishing.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
In the TV series of 'Twelve O'Clock High', I always like the fact that Gen. Frank Savage (Robert Lansing) had attached a 'ciggie pocket' to the left upper arm of his A2. Scene after scene he reaches in for a 'Lucky Strike' while barking some order or another!
SavagePocketCiggie.jpg

-dixon cannon

too much coffee

Practically Family
The USAF uses/d the movie in NCO leadership school. great flick one of Pecks best IMO, of course they are all good

A little off topic but same theme........back in the day, when a soldier was assigned to the Third Infantry Division, the film "To Hell and Back" with Audie Murphy was required viewing when the soldier was in-processing in Wuerzberg, Germany.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Nevermind the A-2s, Where did Gregory peck get that cool SCARF like the one on the front cover!

I never see those style scarfs, they look Issue though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran