Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-3 Mechanic's Cap

mattfink

Practically Family
Anyone on here have any experience with this cap at WWII Impressions? Thoughts? Critique?

http://www.wwiiimpressions.com/aircorp.html

a31.JPG

hatflick1

Practically Family
WWII HBT Caps - WWII Impressions

I purchased a Daisy Mae and a short bill army fatigue cap from the company. Each seems genuine. The fit is right. Quality as good as the original makers back in the forties. And after washings and wearing in the sun at the beach, they become a salty shade lighter just like the real thing.
As a matter of interest, I own several HBT originals from the war. I have also owned the mechanic's cap original, but I did not care for the low crown shape as much as the two hats mentioned.

mattfink

Practically Family
Thanks for the insight Hatflick! I have a few other items from WWII Impressions and have been pleased with the quality too.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

One of the guys that I shoot CMP Sporter matches with wears one of these. He flips up the brim when we're not shooting and it returns to shape fairly well. I kind of wish that At The Front would start making them, he's a LOT less expensive. I wear an ATF 1943 version brimmed fatigue cap to shoot in. I need an occluder (eye patch) and it's closer to my eye with the shorter brim.

Later

mattfink

Practically Family
Got this cap last week and I have to say it's really nicely done. It's a bit softer than I expected, but I've never held a real WWII one in deadstock conidition so there's nothing to compare it to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24