Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Better Fit

DnSchlng

One of the Regulars
I know this has been talked about before, but I cant seem to find the thread, does anyone know what I could buy at a store to give my hat a better fit?

Feraud

Bartender
You might be looking for a piece of weatherstripping foam. Cut to fit and stick inside the sweatband.
There is no need to use the glue feature provided with the material.

Boris K

One of the Regulars

To make it tighter people have used a variety of materials behind the sweatband including paper towel, felt, leather strips, cardboard, etc.

DnSchlng

One of the Regulars
I am mainly looking for something I could put in the sweatband of the hat. Something that I could find at a local craft store maybe?

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DnSchlng said:
I am mainly looking for something I could put in the sweatband of the hat. Something that I could find at a local craft store maybe?
If you're going to your local craft store, then I'd just pick up a piece of felt. They sell them in square sheets for about 50 cents a sheet, this is what I did....then all I did was cut them into strips as needed and tucked them behind the sweat. Good Luck.

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
Bolthead gives a very good suggestion. I have also heard of people using tenon cork which is used on musical instruments. If there is a music store nearby that does instrument repairs they may have some scrap.

I trick I have used in the past is to leave the hat in a warm car for a while. However, it doesn't work very well this time of year[huh].

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic