Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A big loss for Daisy and HJ

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to let you all know that Hemingway Jones and I lost our 12 year old dalmatian Carmina yesterday. She had been ill for a while, and we did everything we could to keep her, but she just became to ill. She was such a noble creature, a fixture in our neighborhood, loved by everyone who ever met her. She will be sadly missed. Carmina Steiner 12/31/93-05/10/06
Thanks,
Daisy (Spiely)

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Here are some photos I had posted at another site:

Thanks Doc, and Daisy: I hope you're holding up OK. I'm doing my best.

I wrote this on my MySpace page about her:

"Loosened from earth's surly bonds, now running freely across heaven's great expanses."

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I am so sorry

Twenty months ago we lost our "Henna"....

http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=1144&highlight=henna+died+golden

I know exactly, or at least can truly believe, the pain you are going through.

I am sorry and will think of you. Remember all dogs go to heaven, they do, and they run in green fields and play.

We immediatly brought a new golden puppy into our home, he was born three days after our Henna died. I didn't and my wife also, were very wary of getting a new pup so soon...but I can tell you, for us it was the best thing we did.

I hope you have courage to get through this...and ..make another puppy happy in living with you.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
I am so sorry to hear that sad news for you both.

It's terrible loosing a loved pet, a dog especially.

I hope the NYC meeting takes your minds off this for a while....

:(

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. A good pet is a treasured member of the family. Hopefully this weekend will help lift your spirits.

Gee, that is a shame. I know what you are going through. My friend recently had to put his dog to sleep and I spent a ton of money keeping mine from going to the great beyond a few months ago. She still hasn't grown all her hair back from the surgeries. :(
It is better that Carmina is where she is at than suffereing here.
My dog is about the same age as yours. I dread having to go through losing her because she used to be my mother's dog and is thus sort of a last link to her. They bark at crazy hours of the morning and do other things that get you mad at them but at the end of the day they are still your companion that you wouldn't trade for anything.

Regards,

J

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
My condolences, I know losing a pet can be rough. Perhaps you could go to the local Humane Society and rescue a new pet for yourselves. Just a thought. My thoughts are with you.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member

They just don't live long enough.

My condolences.

Asta too.

Asta.JPG

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thank you all!
Reading your replies have really touched me.
Your friendship has helped to beguile me away from the grief I am feeling.
It is so hard and it all comes back to you at the worst time. I am really glad that this NYC trip is this weekend. I should be good as new by the end of the weekend.
Thank you all.

jonniangel

One of the Regulars
She was so beautiful.

My heart goes out to you both, it's a terrible thing to lose someone you love. Dogs are such chums, and they add so much fun to our lives.

Jonni

Feraud

Bartender
Our condolences to you and D.B. Losing a pet is always a hard thing.
I hope one day you decide to adopt and bring as much joy into another pet's life as Mina obviously brought into yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran