Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A big loss for Daisy and HJ

ITG

Call Me a Cab
She looks like she had a really sweet spirit. I can totally relate. Mom and I had to make the hard decision to put our 14-year old Scottie under 11 months ago. Mom still hasn't quite recovered. We had the dog cremated and I think that has helped console my mom know her baby is right there with her (to a degree anyway). It's like losing a family member or child. Dogs are God's gift to us, bringing us so much joy and companionship.

Johnnysan

One Too Many
So sorry to hear of your loss. Anyone who believes that animals are without souls has never enjoyed the companionship of a fine dog. I know how you both must feel. :(

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
My heart goes out to you...

THE DOGS WHO HAVE SHARED OUR LIVES

The dogs who've shared our lives.
In subtle ways they let us know
their spirit still survives.
Old habits still make us think
we hear a barking at the door.
Or step back when we drop
a tasty morsel on the floor.
Our feet still go around the place
the food dish used to be,
And, sometime, coming home at night,
we miss them terribly.
And although time may bring new friends
and a new food dish to fill,
That one place in our hearts
belongs to them...
and always will.

silhouette53

One of the Regulars
Sincerely

My condolences to you both - concentrate only on the positives, which are that she enjoyed a good span of life - she was loved and cared for - ( not all dogs are ) and she KNEW she was loved ( dogs do ) - you have wonderful memories and photographs. When the ache subsides I hope you will consider having a new canine pal in your life because there are so many dogs who need and deserve humans like you. Note I don't say owners - dogs are just lent to us for a short while.

Colin

PS This is my gal Kara
cara4.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you all so much

Hemingway Jones and I just wanted to thank you all for your kind words. I really wasn't expecting this to be as hard as it has been. The support we have received from our extended family here at the FL really means a lot to us. We have such great memories of Mina, she had quite an extraordinary life, and she will always have a place in my heart.
Thanks again for all of your support. You are all so kind, and we both really appreciate all of your sentiments.
Daisy

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
I am sorry for your loss. I love my guinea pigs dearly and know that the size of the being has little to do with the size of the soul. Pets are family.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Please know that Carmina is in a wonderful place now because of the life you shared with her. She was lucky to know you, as you were lucky to know her. And while her loss is painful for you at this time, just try to remember her spirit, for that will never leave you. Experiencing loss is part of the cycle of life and it should be celebrated. I will say a prayer, then lift a glass for Carmina. God Bless.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
New addition to the Middleton Family...

As some of you may already be aware, my darling mini Schnauzer, "Becky," has been diagnosed with chronic renal failure and although very chipper right now, when she goes downhill, it will be fast. So just making life fun as usual and comfortable for her.

Funny how life works though. Because out of the blue, I was contacted to ask if I could rescue a two-and-a-half-year-old mini Schnauzer boy, called ROSS.

He has a few wee problems, but nothing major and I'm already falling in love with him. He's black and silver (Becky is salt and pepper) and the two little Germans are getting on fabulously. With his silver moustache, he looks like an aristocratic Prussian Colonel of the old school! (he should have been named Major or Colonel!).

I cannot imagine a home without a dog. Two is even better! and when wee Becky passes onto those luscious fields up on the farm, well, Ross will ease the burden of grief (a bit).

DogPhotos012.jpg

DogPhotos017.jpg

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thank you everyone!

All of your comments have helped to assuage some of the grief of this loss. My home is so empty without her and two weeks out, I am still missing her and the pain is showing no signs of abatement.

I thank all of you who have shared stories of your own pets and some of the losses you've had. I, by extension, have shared your loss. Pain and loss is a common thread in this world of ours. Speaking about it with like-minded friends helps to sooth the tired and agrieved heart.

I appreciate your fellowship and understanding. It has helped to fill the void created by Carmina's departure.

May we all see them again one day, but not yet, not yet. ;)

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
What a lovely dog she was, my condolenses to you.

I lost my little chihuahua a couple of years ago and not a day goes by but I don't think about him and miss him.

karol

katiemakeup

Practically Family
Hemingway & Daisy I am so sorry about Carmina. Pets are family!!

I loved seeing all the pictures of everyone's pets~ made me smile...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran