Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Bit of Light Reading.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I love books. I also love fashion, especially vintage, and photography from all eras, and when all three are combined I go into a minor spending frenzy. So, imagine the warmth in my heart when this late Christmas present to myself arrived from Amazon, today. I got it on sale at $47.25, down from $75.00.

BookSteichen1DSC_1528.jpg

Edward Steichen has always been a favorite golden era photographer of mine. This book covers his time at Conde Nast; 1923 to 1937. It includes fashion shots for Vogue and Vanity Fair, as well as portraits of Hollywood movie stars. The 288 pages contain 242 illustrations, most of them occupying a full page, and nearly all the stars and models are named.

Of course, as soon as I got it out of the box I had to take a photo of it. lol The camera in the picture is a tad later than the era covered by the book, but I didn't feel like digging out an earlier one.

Lee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran