Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A compilation of the Esquire/ AA illustrations 1934-42 L. Fellows

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Hdz0o9k.jpg

YBCzO0l.jpg

dvBJqle.jpg

EInkkUa.jpg

zqCeygQ.jpg

5cFN3zM.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
To improve the readability of this thread, I'm posting a copy of the contents post from page 4 (in default setting) here at the end of the last image set.

Contents:

Section I, Part 1: Spring/summer, suits
Essentially warm weather suits in fabric, color and/or pattern, or construction.
You'll see lots of linen, twist and tropical weight worsteds in light colors and mostly solids, and patch pockets.

see posts #37 to #49

Section I, Part 2: Spring/summer, hot weather clothes
Let's face it, there is no such thing as true hot weather suitings. Above a certain temperature, all a man can do is sweat. For the dog days, we have polo shirts, sports shirts, shirt jackets and safari shirts.
see posts #50 to #52

Section I, Part 3: Spring/summer, beach clothes
see post #53

Section II: Shoulder season
Suits borrowed from either season, aided perhaps by an odd waistcoat, gloves or a scarf while dispensing with the outercoat, or made of fabrics that are really ideal for the transition period, like mid weight gabardine and mid weight worsteds. Lots of raincoats in here, too.
see posts #54 to #59

Section III: Season-neutral suits
Suits that are neutral in appearance, regarding fabric, colors and patterns. These are simply the illustrations I didn't know where else to file.
see posts #60 and #61

Section IV: Fall/winter
Essentially cold weather suits in fabric, color and/or pattern.
You'll see lots of tweed, heavy flannel, darker colors, and bolder patterns.

see posts #62 to #69

Section V: Formal and semi-formal, both day and evening
see posts #70 to #74

Section VI: Hunting
see post #75

Section VII: Details and accessories

see posts #76 to #79

***Please keep in mind that this arrangement is arbitrary. I also may have sorted some images in the wrong sections, and a few double posts may have occured.***

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24