Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Contest for Feraud!

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Some of you may have noticed this in Feraud's signature line:

lacking a snappy signature line.

Well, we cannot allow this to continue.

So, A Contest! Come up with a snappy signature line for Feraud!

Write one yourself, use a quote from a movie, a song, your grandfather, whatever. Try to capture some of the style and substance of our own Mr. Feraud.

All entries must be in by Friday, June 8th. The winner will be judged by a super secret panel. (Actually, We'll put up a poll of the top 5 lines at the end and let you all vote on which one you think is best. ;))

The winner gets... well, I guess they get to have him agree to use it as his "snappy signature line," at least until he comes up with one on his own. ;) Also, there will be a special prize to the finalist, unless it's me, then it will go to the runner up. lol

RedPop4

One Too Many
Never underestimate the power of idiots in large groups.

"Times are bad. Children no longer obey their parents, and everyone is writing a book."
Cicero.

"If rationality were the criterion for things being allowed to exist, the world would be one gigantic field of soybeans!"
Tom Stoppard.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man"
George Bernard Shaw.

"Excess on occasion is exhilirating. It prevents moderation from acquiring the deadening effect of a habit"
W. Somerset Maugham

"Too many parents make life hard for their children by trying, too zealously, to make it easy for them."
Goethe

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained."
Mark Twain

"One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain."
Dr. Thomas Sowell.

From Brother Cadfael:
"I hope I never do anything without due thought--even if the thought sometimes has to shift its feet briskly to keep up with the deed" from One Corpse too Many

"A blind eye is the easiest thing in the world to turn on whatever is troublesome" from Monk's Hood

"Happiness consists in small things, not in great. It is in the small things we remember, when time and mortality close in, and by small landmarks we may make our way at last humbly into another world." from An Excellent Mystery

"Somehow, strangely, the vice of men gets well represented and protected but their virtue has none to plead its cause--nor any charter of immunities and rights."
Henry David Thoreau

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Hmmm...

Feraud seems like a "Bored of the Rings" (Harvard Lampoon book) kinda guy to me...

Two, four, six, eight... tiptoe, sneak, and infiltrate... cha, cha, cha...

Who needs to win with the strength of thirty, when we can win by fighting dirty!

Johnnysan

One Too Many
On second thought, it may be hard to beat "lacking a snappy signature line" as a snappy signature line.

'Tis a fine line that separates the eccentric from the genius! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran