Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Good Weekend!

David V

A-List Customer
Sunday my wife went to the Chicago Antiques Market. Now this is not usually a good hat aquiring event. Maybe a hat or two usually not in my size. I have found two hats there over the last couple of years. This trip I found what looked to be a couple of Open Roads at one of the dealers. Turned out that they were both Borsalinos. One taged as 7 1/4 and the other 7 1/8. I take a 6 7/8 and sometimes a 7. For the hell of it I put on the 7 1/8. It fit!! The dealer called to me that if the hat fit I could have it for $20. Five minutes later I owned a 'new' hat.

There were some dissapointments. The bowler that was tagged 6 7/8 but was too small. Some of the gossgrain ribbon edging was frayed in spots but it was only $15. I passed. And then there was the pristine beaver topper that was a size 7 and was keeped from falling over my eyes by my ears. Priced at $250. Dealer said he would let it go at $150!! A pity. There were myself another gentleman and my son all admiring it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran