Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A great interview quote

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I found a short interview in FHM with Andre Benjamin, a member of the musical group Outkast. If you don't know him, it's not important, but he's known for wearing hats. When asked about his 100-strong hat collection, he said, "You're a special person with a hat.... if you put on a hat, it's like having an accent on your name." I thought that was very well put, and had to share.:cool:

W.C. Fields Characters

Here's the accent!

In "The Bank Dick" he's Egbert Souse, pronounced Sou-say accent grav over the E.

In "It's A Gift" he's Mr. Bissonette: don't call me Mr. Bis sew net in front of Mrs. Bis sew net , it's Bis so nay!

John in Covina

It's good to see young (and youngish) celebrities adopting the look. Some of the hat colors I've seen of late would have seemed outlandish back in the Golden Era, but I think they're great. As more men wear fedoras--be they in fuchsia or magenta or whatever--those fine young gents will soon enough learn to discern good quality from bad, and will demand the good stuff. And once the manufacturers see there is a demand, they'll scramble to fill it.
Wishful thinking? Maybe. But good hat styles are about as timeless as clothing styles get, and I can't see a young dude abandoning his pricey hats just because the season has changed.

Not-Bogart13 said:
When asked about his 100-strong hat collection, he said, "You're a special person with a hat.... if you put on a hat, it's like having an accent on your name." I thought that was very well put, and had to share.:cool:

Wow! His hat collection and mine are about the same size. I guess we like the same kind of accents---at least the same amount of them anyway. :p

Regards to all,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass