Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A leather watch band color question

1911 Man

A-List Customer
So I know the general rule is to match leather when wearing multiple leather pieces, ie. shoes and belt should match. I have always considered it proper to wear a watch band that matched, such as brown shoes, brown belt, brown watch band. So here is my dilema: If I only have a brown leather band or a black leather band for my watch, which one do I wear with burgundy colored shoes? I don't see many burgundy bands, and the all stainless watch I am hoping to aquire is still a bit down the road (kind of pricey..)

I am leaning toward the brown, and I am in a place and setting in life that the only one this matters to is me (my wife and co-workers do not care, they think I am odd for spending money on expensive watches).

Any input is appreciated.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
My vote is for brown watchband for burgundy shoes. Black would be okay I suppose but burgundy is "brownish"

My general preference is black for casual/everyday and brown (preferrably alligator pattern) for formal

MikePotts

Practically Family
Be guided by the rest of your outfit, including of course the belt(if worn), if it's mostly earth tones go with the brown, greys & blacks, then go with the black.

MP

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Here is one thing to keep in mind too. The color of your watch. You may want to accessorize the watch band to your shoes or belt, but if it doesn't coordinate with the watch itself then it may look off. A silver or stainless steel watch I would go with a black watch band any of the golds from yellow to rose I would go with a shade of brown that would compliment the color of the watch.

Most of the time if you are wearing a long sleeve shirt and suit then the watch will be covered up. They don't always show up for public view. Of course for more formal occasions One could go with black or such a dark brown it will look black under low lighting anyway. Again, it may not always be visible to the public. If we could see what your watch looks like then we might be a little better help.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran