Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Message From Aero Leather USA

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
This is simply not true. I urge you to wait for the smoke to clear.

Nothing personal against your post at all, but many people here keep saying things like, "Wait until Mark tells his side, let it play out, etc" Mark knows all of this communication is going here and many of us would love an explanation.

It is stated on either Aero's website...or their Facebook page link that Donna Moye (Mark's wife) is in contact with Aero Scotland. I'm still in the dark about all this..and can't imagine what happened. However..I still do consider Mark a friend...and would keep any info to myself in the short run...if I had any...but I would not lie. I am still hopeful that Mark will make everything whole before long...and then Aero can make everyone involved happy with a new jacket..perhaps. I'm not just a friend during the good times..but the bad times is when a friend can be most needed...if possible. I still can't imagine Mark Moye as a scam artist. I think that there was something else going on. Stay tuned...and don't give up yet.
HD

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
This is simply not true. I urge you to wait for the smoke to clear.

Feltfan, from everything I've read on this thread, have been told in off-site communications and have learned from elsewhere, that is exactly what Moye was doing ... giving stellar service to the most active posters in the Outerwear forum while others (newbies and folks like me who were cruising the site the check out his bone fides before ordering) got stiffed. Hell, if he knew his account with Aero Scotland had been put on hold at the end of the last year, why ... WHY ... was he taking orders and deposits from schmucks like me in late January, possibly up to days before he posted his "business closing" notice.

On this site, by the way. No where else.

THAT says a whole helluva lot to me.

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
It is stated on either Aero's website...or their Facebook page link that Donna Moye (Mark's wife) is in contact with Aero Scotland. I'm still in the dark about all this..and can't imagine what happened. However..I still do consider Mark a friend...and would keep any info to myself in the short run...if I had any...but I would not lie. I am still hopeful that Mark will make everything whole before long...and then Aero can make everyone involved happy with a new jacket..perhaps. I'm not just a friend during the good times..but the bad times is when a friend can be most needed...if possible. I still can't imagine Mark Moye as a scam artist. I think that there was something else going on. Stay tuned...and don't give up yet.
HD

Thanks, Dad. I, too, saw in some of Holly's notes, that Donna Moye had forwarded them information early in the week. It just sounded to me as if you had been in contact over and above that. My bad.

But honestly, if he's reading this thread (and his profile page says he hasn't checked into the site since March 24), the window of opportunity for him to make things right to EVERYONE is closing fast. I truly hope he realizes that, but I have a sneaking suspicion it may already have closed on his end down in South Carolina.

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
Butte, I've read your various posts and I can safely say that you are absolutely no ones shill! In fact, I find much of what you say to be honest and informative. Your various posts actually helped me place my recent order with Aero (Amanda who has been FANTASTIC! Wish I could hire her). Don't listen to these trolls.

Either something bad has happened to Mark, or he's a demon. I sold (another) jacket to a fellow lounger at the end of February. It appears the USPS has lost said jacket (it was the HWM). The buyer paid me for it, and I in turn spent the money on an A-2 (from Aero). I had to file a claim, and luckily, it's insured. I feel like absolute s*** over it. The buyer has been a helluva nice guy over this, and very patient. I, OTOH, feel awful. I can't for the life of me imagine that Xn, which is what Mark has on his plate today. So, either he's a monster, or in a really bad spot. I have no clue.Like Van, I considered him a friend, and I emailed today asking how he was. I waited to see what happened here first, but as uncomfortable as it is, friendship, like marriage, is not for the faint of heart. I indeed hope this settles with everyone happy. Can that happen? I don't know - it seems pretty overwhelming at this point. My support of Aero and Aero USA here and elsewhere comes from being treated well. I've had emails answered by Amanda, Mark, etc. at ungodly hours when I was sweating orders. If I was "catered" to for the reason that I'm vocal/present here then I was played. Or, I was lucky. With no evidence either way, I'm not writing this off yet. I guess the best thing to do is not talk about how great my GW is when I get it. I sure don't want to be considered a front-man for others.@dmdmorris: Thanks. It's fine - I can handle it. I'm about as much an open book as there is, for better or worse.

Last edited:

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
I disagree, if your GW (I assume Aero Jacket) meets with your aaproval you should definitely sing it's praises! It serves a greater purpose to the company and those like me who are looking for open honest feedback and reviews. That's the whole purpose of this forum. DON'T BE SILENCED!

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
You have a great company, Amanda has been a real pleasure to deal with. I hope this hasnt become too big a distraction that it interferes with what you your main mission is: to make world class jackets.

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
Either something bad has happened to Mark, or he's a demon. I sold (another) jacket to a fellow lounger at the end of February. It appears the USPS has lost said jacket (it was the HWM). The buyer paid me for it, and I in turn spent the money on an A-2 (from Aero). I had to file a claim, and luckily, it's insured. I feel like absolute s*** over it. The buyer has been a helluva nice guy over this, and very patient. I, OTOH, feel awful. I can't for the life of me imagine that Xn, which is what Mark has on his plate today. So, either he's a monster, or in a really bad spot. I have no clue.Like Van, I considered him a friend, and I emailed today asking how he was. I waited to see what happened here first, but as uncomfortable as it is, friendship, like marriage, is not for the faint of heart. I indeed hope this settles with everyone happy. Can that happen? I don't know - it seems pretty overwhelming at this point. My support of Aero and Aero USA here and elsewhere comes from being treated well. I've had emails answered by Amanda, Mark, etc. at ungodly hours when I was sweating orders. If I was "catered" to for the reason that I'm vocal/present here then I was played. Or, I was lucky. With no evidence either way, I'm not writing this off yet. I guess the best thing to do is not talk about how great my GW is when I get it. I sure don't want to be considered a front-man for others.@dmdmorris: Thanks. It's fine - I can handle it. I'm about as much an open book as there is, for better or worse.

Butte, your insight and knowledge of high-quality leather jackets and coats, it turns out, were among the reasons why people on other forums sent me here when I was mulling which brand of jacket to go with ... they all said "those Fedora Lounge guys really know their leathers."

I don't think any individual on here was shilling for Moye, but I do have a gut feeling that, at least in the last couple of years, he was using the site to boost his bone fides with the general public. Hell, the only place he posted his "business closing" notice was on this forum. No email to Aero Leather Scotland, no email to his customers, nothing. The only way I learned of this when Aero Scotland posted something on their Facebook timeline, which popped up in my newsfeed. And I heard from Aero Scotland first; I only got an email from him Sunday evening. Someone else posted on here that Moye called him, in addition to an email, but I didn't even get that.

And I really do have a sneaking feeling that the window of opportunity for him to make everyone whole has closed. The extent of the improprieties is mind-boggling.

Jim Brown

Banned
what is it the neighbor always says... oh yeah, "He seemed so quiet and kept to himself..."

seems to be turning into that sort of situation.

Aerojoe

Practically Family
Butte, your insight and knowledge of high-quality leather jackets and coats, it turns out, were among the reasons why people on other forums sent me here when I was mulling which brand of jacket to go with ... they all said "those Fedora Lounge guys really know their leathers."

I don't think any individual on here was shilling for Moye, but I do have a gut feeling that, at least in the last couple of years, he was using the site to boost his bone fides with the general public. Hell, the only place he posted his "business closing" notice was on this forum. No email to Aero Leather Scotland, no email to his customers, nothing. The only way I learned of this when Aero Scotland posted something on their Facebook timeline, which popped up in my newsfeed. And I heard from Aero Scotland first; I only got an email from him Sunday evening. Someone else posted on here that Moye called him, in addition to an email, but I didn't even get that.

And I really do have a sneaking feeling that the window of opportunity for him to make everyone whole has closed. The extent of the improprieties is mind-boggling.

If you want to lynch Butte, please put me alongside him because I'm with with him 100/200%. Me Skimo.

dr.velociraptor

One of the Regulars
If you want to lynch Butte, please put me alongside him because I'm with with him 100/200%. Me Skimo.

No one is lynching anyone, you are fanning flames that don't need to be fanned. You are doing it either just to see where it will go for pure amusement or because you're not quite grasping what people are saying, either way you should've let it die 3 pages back.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Mark does not owe me or this forum an explanation….only to those individuals who in good faith deposited monies for a product
that was never delivered.
Perhaps legal counsel has advised not to make any public statements until pending further investigation.
To Aero Leather Co…the very moment you allowed an individual to use your name, you became responsible
in one way or another. Bite the bullet & accept it !
As of now by your response to this forum , you are on the right track…Good Luck to you.

Mark posted his 'business closing' on several Forums..including this one..the VLJ..and Aero Scotland posted it as soon as they digested just what was coming about. Of course he should have emailed all customers about it..and insured them that outstanding orders would be completed or monies refunded. Perhaps everything is being sorted out at his residence now by those helping to attempt to square things. No one here..or even in Scotland really seems to know just what is going on...or happened with Mark. I still think that something will come out soon. His wife is in touch with Scotland..Scotland is in touch with this forum and customers that have contacted them or that they have been able to find.

jlanderson

One of the Regulars

NOOOO! That's not what I was saying at all. I was saying that the expertise and knowledge of the individuals on this forum is what made it a source of information for me ... and that I believe the site is as much a victim in this matter as anyone else.

Please don't read into my posts something that's NOT there.

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
Hoosier, your comments were also one the important voices on the Longe that helped me in my Jacket addiction. Thanks!

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
Mark posted his 'business closing' on several Forums..including this one..the VLJ..and Aero Scotland posted it as soon as they digested just what was coming about. Of course he should have emailed all customers about it..and insured them that outstanding orders would be completed or monies refunded. Perhaps everything is being sorted out at his residence now by those helping to attempt to square things. No one here..or even in Scotland really seems to know just what is going on...or happened with Mark. I still think that something will come out soon. His wife is in touch with Scotland..Scotland is in touch with this forum and customers that have contacted them or that they have been able to find.

Thanks for the clarification about posting on other forums. This one was the one that Aero Scotland's website referred to and the only one I have found while googling this week. And I hope your hope that all will be made whole proves true ... sadly, I'm much more cynical and jaded. I wish I weren't that way, but I am.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24