Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Message From Aero Leather USA

consult

New in Town
Thanks for the words; I am just venting a bit. The wife kicked my a** when she found out I may have lost that much…I am working with Aero (great folks) and e-bay to try and resolve the issue… I hadn’t had much opportunity to post before and hated this issue to be my first but what the heck posting beats whacking my tree with a bat

Chi-Town Co

Familiar Face
Been out of town for over a week and come back to this.. WOW ! Took me an hour to get up to speed.. As I was reading I was really shocked over the number of fellow loungers that are out of pocket with no jacket order placed. I can honestly say that if I were in these folks shoes I'd be pretty cranked up as well.. Emotions run high when cash is involved. It will be interesting how this all eventually plays out..

I'm impressed with Holly and her candor on this board. She's actually been pretty open and honest on things that transpired from the Aero business perspective.. However I do chuckle at the whole mincing of words as to what Mark's relationship with Aero truly was.. Guess I really didn't think there was a difference between "Rep" and "Agent" of Aero Scotland... I was one of those who thought he was just the U.S. extension of Aero Scotland.. That is until I finally decided to order my Aero.. I started my email exchange with Amanda on some general jacket details and then midstream thought I would involve Mark because he was local and figuring what difference does it make? Well I found out quickly it did make a difference and I could only discuss my jacket with one or the other and Amanda told me that Mark was not affiliated with the factory at all.. kind of blew me away...

Wade- get ready.. looks like Insurrection will be the main local supplier of Aero for US folks...

Chi-Town

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Thanks for the words; I am just venting a bit. The wife kicked my a** when she found out I may have lost that much…I am working with Aero (great folks) and e-bay to try and resolve the issue… I hadn’t had much opportunity to post before and hated this issue to be my first but what the heck posting beats whacking my tree with a bat

Hey we have all been there....I hate it when circumstances beyond our control cause us to get screwed.

Wilbur

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Wade- get ready.. looks like Insurrection will be the main local supplier of Aero for US folks...

Chi-Town[/QUOTE]

Is it just me or does anybody feel a slight hesitance regarding future orders ?

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I started my email exchange with Amanda on some general jacket details and then midstream thought I would involve Mark because he was local and figuring what difference does it make? Well I found out quickly it did make a difference and I could only discuss my jacket with one or the other and Amanda told me that Mark was not affiliated with the factory at all.. kind of blew me away...

I paid my deposit on March 15th and started working out the details with Mark. Mark actually Cc'd Amanda on one of his replies to me (March 19th) and she replied to both of us as well.

frussell

One Too Many
I have to agree about the "mincing" with Chi-Town. When I read on someone's eBay store "Hello, My name is Mark Moye, and I am the FACTORY REPRESENTATIVE here in the U.S.A. for Aero Leather Clothing Co., Galashiels, Scotland," I'm afraid I'm not contract-lingo savvy enough to know that that doesn't mean an actual "agent." I guess I was naive thinking that I was dealing with Aero's U.S. liason, since that's how I read that statement, which was on Mark's eBay store for years, and has only recently been pulled. Still comes up in a Google search though! Did Aero Scotland not ever read that description, or did it not occur to anyone there that some of us silly Americans might actually believe that title, since we live in the land of copywright litigation and cease-and-desist orders? Now we are to believe that Mark was never really affiliated with Aero Scotland, just another "stockist?" I was on the Scotland side of the fence at the beginning of this saga, but the fence is getting wobbly. The conspiracy theories are interesting though. My jacket delivery process definitely seemed to speed up when I complained about it on this forum, though at the time I thought I was just being paranoid. Weird times, I feel sorry for both sides, and the ones in the middle. Maybe my Aero USA Long Half Belt will be more collectible now, like a "lawsuit" PRS guitar. Frank

Chi-Town

Is it just me or does anybody feel a slight hesitance regarding future orders ?[/QUOTE]

You mean with an independent intity selling Aero Jackets? Perhaps...but Insurrection seems to be expanding.
I wouldn't be hesitant at all to order direct with Aero Scotland.
HD

Well, the only reason I'd hesitate at this point is because I had the nerve to want facts on Mark before jumping on the bandwagon. I'd probably get three arms on my jacket.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I was reviewing the Rules of the House by Paddy & I would like to apologize for my question regarding future orders.
I enjoy this forum very much & I will do my best to uphold that spirit.
JG

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Hi Davo:

Man I feel for you. But I have to say since this thing came down it has just blown me away. Obviously since I have not dealt with Aero USA for the last few years I have no dog in the hunt, it just seems odd to me that Aero Scotland has been letting out info a little bit at a time about Mark Moye that just does not jibe with the guy that I met about 5 years ago and did business with. Especially since Mark has done so much to promote Aero both on Ebay and on the forum Aero used to have set up. Now granted any salesman would do this no matter his intentions good or bad. But I have to say I have met the man and I have to say I did not get a bad vibe. It was several years ago but the dude was good people. I do not know what happened but I do not think it was one sided. Aero Scotland and Aero USA share this together no matter what they say. Let's face it we all saw the EBay ads and the Photobucket photos. Hell they we're on the 20th Century Forum too! I am just saying this relationship goes back too far for Aero Scotland to claim pure innocence of having Mark Moye as a U.S. agent.

I hate to say it, but think we're beyond bad vibes and such here. I had a great experience with Mark in the past as well. However, regardless of any of our past experiences, the facts are clear. Mark Moye took money from a significant number of customers, never placed the orders with the manufacturer, and then continued to tell those customers that their jackets were in process. There is nothing to dispute here - it happened, and their are plenty of people who can personally back this up (myself included).

People keep saying that they're waiting to hear Mark's side of the story. I'm sorry to say it, but he has nothing to gain by coming here and making a statement. It won't change the facts - he still took money with no intention of providing a product, and then lied about it. I feel for him if he has gone through some severe trauma in his life, but that doesn't excuse this kind of behavior.

I don't even care about an explanation at this point. All I care about is getting all of our money refunded and moving on.

On a final note, I have no hesitation at all in working with Aero Scotland, and they have earned my business and then some. I recently referred to Aero's products as being "authentic, the genuine article, and represent[ing] a kind of crafstmanship that is rare in this day and age." It's wonderful to learn that the people who run their business are also "the genuine article" as customer service is concerned - that is also rare these days.

Jack Burton

One of the Regulars
I don't even care about an explanation at this point. All I care about is getting all of our money refunded and moving on.

I think Jim summed it up. Unless you had a pending order with Aero USA and are owed a refund, perhaps you should refrain from posting in this thread. While appreciated, all of the opinions/support are of no consequence and they're only making this thread murky.

nevadapd

Familiar Face
I'm reluctant to add to this thread's murkiness, and I doubt that anyone in this forum would attempt what I'm about to suggest. Still, I'm enough of a misanthrope to wonder about the depths of human depravity sometimes. Wouldn't it be possible for someone reading this thread to claim they placed an order with Mark without actually having done so in an unscrupulous attempt to benefit from such a claim? Perhaps they could get a "special deal" from Aero Scotland or profit in some other way. A thorough investigation that is beyond the scope of this thread is called for.

Jack Burton

One of the Regulars
I'm reluctant to add to this thread's murkiness, and I doubt that anyone in this forum would attempt what I'm about to suggest. Still, I'm enough of a misanthrope to wonder about the depths of human depravity sometimes. Wouldn't it be possible for someone reading this thread to claim they placed an order with Mark without actually having done so in an unscrupulous attempt to benefit from such a claim? Perhaps they could get a "special deal" from Aero Scotland or profit in some other way. A thorough investigation that is beyond the scope of this thread is called for.

Actually, I think someone could. In confusion, there's profit. That's whats makes this world tick. Though if Aero Scotland knows what they're doing, they'll ask for emails, Paypal receipts or credit card statements before agreeing to anything. It'd be nice if they offered a 20% discount off of Mark's quoted prices for his customers left hanging in the wind. Hell, that money would have went to a middleman anyways.

trob09

New in Town
Perhaps they could, but the evidence would be against them. In my early conversation with Holly, she noted that Mark's wife sent the details on a significant list of orders that had never been placed. it is possible that one or more was missed from that? sure. But for there to be a "claim" one would have had to also have sent $$ and there surely would be a record of that (ebay transaction, PayPal transaction record, cancelled check, credit card transaction record, etc.)

I'd be highly dubious of someone who stepped up to the plate, claiming to have sent only cash to Mark with no other record of an order.

IXL

One Too Many

Chi-Town

Is it just me or does anybody feel a slight hesitance regarding future orders ?[/QUOTE]

I can only speak for myself. I have purchased previously from Wade at Insurrection and he provided great service, as well as advice. At Insurrection, they love leather jackets and motorcycles: what more could one ask?
I will order an Aero and had always intended ordering through Insurrection, who has a real brick-and-mortar store. I always feel much better about dealing with people who have an actual physical location .

Mr. Paris

New in Town
Hello all,
Seems I'm in this adventure with many of you, in that I have had fully paid for jacket through Aero-USA and now discovered that the order was never placed with the factory.
Over the years I had purchased a few jackets from Mark with no issues at all.
When I needed a repair to my Barnstormer, again Mark was right there.

After reading and seeing so many of the wonderful details many of you had customized into your jackets I felt I too would like to create something personal with all I had learned from so many of you here on the Lounge.
I saved up, took the plunge and placed the order............at the present time that would have been near seventeen months ago.
I would be in contact occasionally with Mark to hear how things were going with him and the progress with little or no concern until about the first year was ended.
Eventually I started to get antsy and felt the wait was getting excessive, but in the end with all things considered like the nature of a smaller business like Aero, the economy and the nature of custom work in general that I could afford to offer my patience with the process.

I last posted five or six months back on the Jacket Track-it thread and many of you where there offering me helpful and supportive advice when at that time I was actually considering the cancellation of that order.
Looking back at that thread there are many indications of something not being quite right and that there were some compelling indicators that things weren't working as well as they had in the past.
As for the present state of things, well here is what I know:
Mark was in contact with me at the beginning of this week still trying to give me assistance in getting my order fulfilled.....for real !
Holly from the factory has been perfectly wonderful in offering her personal guidance and her families support of my circumstances.
Amanda is making my jacket !
And the whole process of trying to get this resolved appears to be moving from the indications and signals I'm getting and that's all positive.

I'm finding that the evolution of this thread actually are echoing the ever changing emotions in my head .
One minute I feel disappointed, the next confused as to how things could have played out like they have.
In the end in a very real way you are all are helping me keep my equilibrium and for that I want to say thanks to you all.

As to the eventuality of discovering the particulars of what happened, I don't know if I really need to know, my only desire hopes are that all parties are ultimately made whole and are able to move on.......me included !

Mr. Paris

53Effie

A-List Customer
I have been following this thread with some interest, mainly due to my recent experience with Aero USA. Frankly, at this point I am feeling very fortunate. I placed the order for my jacket on 12-2-2011. The jacket was completed and in the United States by March 7. It then had to go back to Scotland for a minor fixit due to some incomplete hardware and I had it in hand on 3-19, just several days before Mark's annoncement on this forum. I feel very lucky to have escaped the issues many of you have encountered. I understand the concerns that have been raised because of a prior similar experience with another company and I certainly wouldn't want to go through something like that again. I really hope everything gets resolved somehow for those who have been shortchanged. I was really surprised when I saw the closing announcement as I had no clue that there was anything amiss.

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
53Effie and Mr. Paris ... between your two cases, therein lies the confounding mystery of all this. Your order, 53, placed just three and a half months ago, and you have your jacket. Mr. Paris' order, 12 months with Moye before any action. I wonder if, at the time, you placed your order, Paris, if Moye's account with Aero Scotland had reached its limit. He should have been upfront with you; privacy laws would have prevented Aero Scotland and Amanda from disclosing his status to you.

This whole thing is just bizarre. I just wish Bank of America would finish its fraud investigation and give me MY money back so I can order a jacket directly from Holly and Ken.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy