Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A modern straw Stratoliner from Miller Hats???

RBH

Bartender
Is this close to the stats of a Stratoliner ?

My milan Miller with the thin ribbon and my Stratoliner...

012ofa.jpg

The specs are as follows...

STETSON STRATOLINER
brim = 2 5\8s
front pinch = 4 3\8s
back of crown = 4 1\4

MILLER MILAN
brim = 2 7\8s [this is my hat... the site states brims are 2 5\8s]
front pinch = I raised mine some... 4 3\8s
back of crown = 3 3\4

as we say in the south... what do ya'll think?

CRH

Call Me a Cab
RBH said:
Is this close to the stats of a Stratoliner ?

My milan Miller with the thin ribbon and my Stratoliner...

012ofa.jpg

as we say in the south... what do ya'll think?

As we say in the Midwest...close enough ;). Looks like twins from different fathers :D.

You know, I've been looking at those Miller Milans. I've seen Jazz's hat and it looked pretty fun. I can buy one straw hat for summer. I've narrowed it down to three choices and these Miller milans are on the list. I think I'll present my list to the lounge for a vote. Of course my wife will have the final say :eusa_doh:.

Torpedo

One Too Many
The similarity is striking. BTW, did you modify the crease, or did it came as seen? I assume you did change the ribbon. This I dig!

I am liking these Milllers - they look very well with that style of ribbon. Is that the cocoa colour?

RBH

Bartender
Thanks C and Jimmy!

Torpedo said:
The similarity is striking. BTW, did you modify the crease, or did it came as seen? I assume you did change the ribbon. This I dig!

I am liking these Milllers - they look very well with that style of ribbon. Is that the cocoa colour?
Torp.. thank you. The crease is a it came but I did raise the front pinch a little.
As to the ribbon, I ask Miller to put the thin ribbon on it. And they did a great job! It is the cocoa color and the ribbon is called the LBJ ribbon.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
RBH said:
Thanks C and Jimmy!

Torp.. thank you. The crease is a it came but I did raise the front pinch a little.
As to the ribbon, I ask Miller to put the thin ribbon on it. And they did a great job! It is the cocoa color and the ribbon is called the LBJ ribbon.

Cool!

What's the sweatband material on these Millers?

RBH

Bartender
Thanks guys!

CRH said:
Cool!

What's the sweatband material on these Millers?
These have a leather sweat.

jimmy the lid said:
Hey! No wonder I thought that brim looked wider on you than 2 5/8"! ;)

Cheers,
J
I did not put the tape to it til yesterday! The site states they are 2 5\8s, no wonder I liked it so much! :D

Colby Jack said:
Bam!...Ya nailed it Rusty!...Looks great! How well does Milan hold up in wet weather?...Is it more robust than a Panama straw?

CJ, the milan seems to hold up well, but after what little shaping I do to it I spray it down with Rain & stain protector, that gives it a little extra punch!

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Rusty, that is exactly the summer hat I've been looking for! Is it the hat Miller calls the "Richfield"---but with their "LBJ" ribbon? I have a straw OR that I wore all last summer. Its very light and looks OK, but it is a tad stiff and doesn't really breathe well. I've been looking for something else to wear on really humid days. A miller hat like yours looks like it would be just the ticket....sharp enough to wear with a linen jacket or poplin suit, and cool as a cucumber salad!

AF

RBH

Bartender
bolthead said:
Now all you need is a bound brim and you're set. :D
They dont do a bound edge.... I checked. :D

Atticus Finch said:
Rusty, that is exactly the summer hat I've been looking for! Is it the hat Miller calls the "Richfield"---but with their "LBJ" ribbon? I have a straw OR that I wore all last summer. Its very light and looks OK, but it is a tad stiff and doesn't really breathe well. I've been looking for something else to wear on really humid days. A miller hat like yours looks like it would be just the ticket....sharp enough to wear with a linen jacket or poplin suit, and cool as a cucumber salad!

AF
AF, this hat is the Style: 073 "Milan Teardrop Hat" in the cocoa color.
I just talked with them and some of the colors they do not have in certain sizes.
If you want a hat it is best to call and talk to them.
Its a great feeling hat, and I believe it will make a super summer fedora!

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
That's good info Rusty...I'm still in search of the "perfect" hat for Florida wear...Sweat, rain, wind...all in huge amounts at times.
That hat is gorgeous though!:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany