Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I've Been Absent

OldStrummer

Practically Family
I haven't been active on here for a couple of years, mostly because I stopped loading up on hats. Oh, I've bought a few baseball caps reflecting some of my passions and interests, but I've been very comfortable just wearing the fedoras I already own.

Add to that the fact that I retired last October and have been spending a lot of my time traveling (a passion of mine not often covered here). I just returned from a delightful four week trip to New Zealand and Australia. Fabulous!

For my travels, I use my old $11 Stetson wide-brim canvas hat, but it's been taking a beating. While in Australia, I came across a "bush hat" called a "Squashy." But everywhere I went, I couldn't find my size! Then, while walking through the town of Kuranda near the east coast of Queensland, I not only found one in my size, but it was on sale, too! Bonus!

So, here is my authentic Australian bush hat. It's made by Barmah. Waterproof leather, and packable! A "squashy."

Attachments

• Barmah Bush Hat.jpeg
    Barmah Bush Hat.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 25
I haven't been active on here for a couple of years, mostly because I stopped loading up on hats. Oh, I've bought a few baseball caps reflecting some of my passions and interests, but I've been very comfortable just wearing the fedoras I already own.

Add to that the fact that I retired last October and have been spending a lot of my time traveling (a passion of mine not often covered here). I just returned from a delightful four week trip to New Zealand and Australia. Fabulous!

For my travels, I use my old $11 Stetson wide-brim canvas hat, but it's been taking a beating. While in Australia, I came across a "bush hat" called a "Squashy." But everywhere I went, I couldn't find my size! Then, while walking through the town of Kuranda near the east coast of Queensland, I not only found one in my size, but it was on sale, too! Bonus!

So, here is my authentic Australian bush hat. It's made by Barmah. Waterproof leather, and packable! A "squashy."

Good to see you back, Fred.
Was the leather hat hot wearing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou