Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

a moonshiners hat

RBH

Bartender
Ran across this site for a film coming out soon. Its called 'A Tale About Bootlegging'

http://www.ataleaboutbootlegging.com/index.html

I could not help thinking that star Barney Barnwell could give Fred C Dobbs a run for his money on his hat.

It looks as if it will be a great movie for some good old fashioned hats and also pretty funny.

{star of the film Barney Barnwell}
barneykm4.jpg

Last edited:

hatflick1

Practically Family
I'll drink to that old fedora.
Ever seen the folm "Matawan"? It's the story of a 1930's coal miners strike.
Stars David Straithern and James L. Jones. Another terrific hat flick.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Popcorn Sutton

popcorn.jpg

This here gent is the real deal, Mr. Popcorn Sutton. Mr. Sutton Lives just over the mountains from hyre in the Maggie Valley. He soon will be on trial for the umpteenth time on bootlegging charges. Pictured with some singer/songwiter fella'.

J.S.Udontknowme

A-List Customer
Rick Blaine said:
popcorn.jpg

This here gent is the real deal, Mr. Popcorn Sutton. Mr. Sutton Lives just over the mountains from hyre in the Maggie Valley. He soon will be on trial for the umpteenth time on bootlegging charges. Pictured with some singer/songwiter fella'.

I was in Maggie Valley for about two months in 1969. I met several Suttons while I was there and I'm sure he's related to them. lol

http://www.wyff4.com/video/4716400/index.html

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Joel Tunnah said:
PossumPartners.jpg

Earned grunge, or "cultural fraud"?

With your vast knowledge on this subject, I will defer to you. There is no need in pursuing this line. You seem to be unable to let somethings go. Why do you persist in making everything personal? This is the 2nd thread that I have seen where you have carried over your vile. It would be nice if this thread could stay ON TOPIC. Maybe I missed something but I thought we were reviewing old men and their hats, not younger men and their grudges.

RBH

Bartender
This has turned out better that I had hoped.
Rick, that is a cool photo, Willie is my favorite. My wife and I went to memphis 2 summers ago and watched Willie and Dylan at the ball park. It was great. The first time I saw him was in Memphis the day Elvis died... has it been that long ago !

Hey hatflick1 , I think I will check that flick out!.

Bud , I LOVE that photo! I have not seen that one.

Zig, I think Widebrimm has it right, it should come out this summer.

I really noticed this as my grand dad was orphaned when he was 11 [in 1920 Alabama] and went to live with an uncle. He told me stories of having to help his uncle make moonshine on the Tenneesse River. So when I saw this I checked it out.
Hope more of you post so more neat things.

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Lets see - A recipe you wont see on America's Test Kitchen

White corn 500 lbs - 100 lbs in burlap bags to be malted. Add malt to the corn that has been soaking and ferment the slop until dog heads form. Fire up the still and knock box and make your whiskey. Serve at room temp or over ice. Ooops almost forgot to strain the final product thru charcoal to remove the Bardy oil (gives headaches). Or dont, then you have genuine double aged in the Keg Oklahoma Bust Head.

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Yea RBH its coming out now.. I think maybe the movie was shot in 2005... I've never seen IMDB be wrong before... Actually I don't think I've ever been to a movie on that site with as little info as this one. IMDB is the grail of movies and even lots of tv stuff...

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Prairie Shade said:
White corn 500 lbs - 100 lbs in burlap bags to be malted. Add malt to the corn that has been soaking and ferment the slop until dog heads form. Fire up the still and knock box and make your whiskey. Serve at room temp or over ice. Ooops almost forgot to strain the final product thru charcoal to remove the Bardy oil (gives headaches). Or dont, then you have genuine double aged in the Keg Oklahoma Bust Head.

lol lol

My father in laws tells of true corn whiskey and what a fine drink it was. I have looked, but to date have never been able to sample any. The quest continues.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
C'mon by Bud

:D & we'll knock down a few.
When the nearby city of Oak Ridge Tn. was built, whole hog, as part of the Manhattan Project, on previously "uninhabited" land more than twenty hastily abandoned stills were found!
:D

Zig2k143

Practically Family
My Brother's Father in Law reminds me of the guy in the movie... He's been in and out of jail for his moonshine.... I have had some of the stuff... Man its stronge.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy