Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A more english style hat

iammatt

Familiar Face
I am not a hat guy, but I do enjoy them from time to time. One problem for me is that I do not prefer a hat that makes a large statement as some enthusiasts here seem to.

I have noticed that many styles of hat that are more typically British seem to meld into an overall outfit much better. They tend to be less era specific and read a bit smaller and softer. What are some sources of good English style hats? Budget should not be a consideration in suggesting.

iammatt

Familiar Face
Thanks. I know that they are not Optimo quality, but are Christy and Lock about equal these days?

Aerol

A-List Customer
Lock Voyager

Years ago I bought, at Paul Stuart, their Fortenighter hat. I've been very pleased with it. It is very similar (in appearance, at least) to Lock's Voyager. It's very soft and has a nice aura to it.

Paul Stuart continues to sell a Fortenighter, but I don't believe that they're still English made, as was mine. You'd have to check this on your own.

Film Noir

New in Town
Trilby

Hartford York has a sale of 20% off until Jan.31 and they have the Christy's trilby for 20% off. I think I'll have to get one at that price. Noir

Film Noir

New in Town
Trilby

Excuse me but the Hartford York sale is 25% off. Shipping is a little steep but still, I think, a good deal. I just ordered a Christy's trilby. Noir

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany