Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A new member's new hat, or, always check out vintage stores!

B R A N D X®

Familiar Face
That is truly a great looking hat and a remarkable find.

:eek:fftopic:
I hope you will take this in the spirit that it is intended, but I have to also say that it is very refreshing to read something so well written by someone in your age bracket. I think the ability to use proper grammar, spell correctly and convey something in an engaging manner via the written word is rare these days among the younger crowd and I found your post very refreshing. And not a single text message abbreviation in the entire story!

Well done on both counts.:eusa_clap

Abyss

Familiar Face
B R A N D X® said:
:eek:fftopic:
I hope you will take this in the spirit that it is intended, but I have to also say that it is very refreshing to read something so well written by someone in your age bracket. I think the ability to use proper grammar, spell correctly and convey something in an engaging manner via the written word is rare these days among the younger crowd and I found your post very refreshing. And not a single text message abbreviation in the entire story!

Well done on both counts.:eusa_clap

Thank you, that is quite possible a better compliment than you know it is. I grew up reading everything from science fiction to, well, almost anything, and so have always appreciated the English Language and always endeavor to utilize it correctly. It pains me just knowing how horridly most people my age group write, and the generation after me, those who are growing up on cell phones and destroyed language? I shudder at the thought! One of the things I like about the Lounge is how well everyone on it writes, very refreshing and readable.

I think I use too many commas and semi-colons, however.

To the others: I must thank you all again for your nice compliments, they are very appreciated.

B R A N D X®

Familiar Face
Abyss said:
Thank you, that is quite possible a better compliment than you know it is. I grew up reading everything from science fiction to, well, almost anything, and so have always appreciated the English Language and always endeavor to utilize it correctly. It pains me just knowing how horridly most people my age group write, and the generation after me, those who are growing up on cell phones and destroyed language? I shudder at the thought! One of the things I like about the Lounge is how well everyone on it writes, very refreshing and readable.

I think I use too many commas and semi-colons, however.

To the others: I must thank you all again for your nice compliments, they are very appreciated.

My friend, it is my opinion that the semi-colon is the most underused punctuation in the English language; you don't overuse it at all, but simply use it correctly!

Now I hope I used it correctly!!!:)

Thank you for single-handedly restoring my faith in the younger generation!

Ande1964

Practically Family
Nice!

You're off to a great start, Abyss... way to go.

Looks like we're neighbors. I live near Lawrence.

Anj

Abyss

Familiar Face
Oh, you should see me when I am on a semi-colon binge; at times I have noticed myself putting more semi-colons on the page than periods. I also write a mean, yet somehow almost grammatically correct, page length sentence.

Ande: Good to know that I'm not alone here in Kansas!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran