Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Nightmare On Elm St., Freddy's Fedora

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I always wondered what fedora Freddy Kruger wore. In the first and original of the Nightmare On Elm St. movies Freddy wore a "Designer Collection" Whippet clone. The first of the series was also the only movie where Freddy's hat had a ribbon...also notice the brim ribbon in some of the pictures. Notice also how he wore the brim snapped down completely on one side and the crown with a tight pinch.

Freddy's Fedora.jpg

Freddy, before he was burned real snazzy.jpg

Freddy's Fedora, Designer Collection Whippet clone.jpg

Freddy's Fedora 04.jpg

Freddy's Fedora 02.jpg

Freddy's Fedora 03.jpg

Last edited:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Are you sure the hat in the first pic is the real one? Designer Collection made some of the lowest quality wool-felt hats I've seen. The kind of thing that they would use as a background stunt hat, or for promo autographs.

The one I had got slightly wet, and it shrank/tapered so badly that there is no longer any brim break (bell shaped now), and that the coated cardboard sweatband cracked to pieces. Absolute junk.

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Are you sure the hat in the first pic is the real one? Designer Collection made some of the lowest quality wool-felt hats I've seen. The kind of thing that they would use as a background stunt hat, or for promo autographs.

The one I had got slightly wet, and it shrank/tapered so badly that there is no longer any brim break (bell shaped now), and that the coated cardboard sweatband cracked to pieces. Absolute junk.
Can't say for sure whether it's the real one or not. I just got the information from a fan site who researched it and stated that it was. But who knows for sure? The guys on that site were also buying Whippets off ebay and tearing them up to make Freddy hats. Anybody who would do something like that to a classic has to be of low character and is probably lying anyhow! But, who knows. ;)

Simonds

Vendor
I read years ago they used a state trooper hat for the original film, but like they say you can't believe everything you read.

Qvist

Familiar Face
The guys on that site were also buying Whippets off ebay and tearing them up to make Freddy hats. Anybody who would do something like that to a classic has to be of low character and is probably lying anyhow! But, who knows. ;)

Someone tearing up a classic hat just to look like Freddy. Now THATS a real nightmare!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24