Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Pencil skirt, Beauty salon and a visit to a vintage shop.

Louise Anne

Suspended
As this was already mentioned in another thread of mine I thought I recap and post a couple of photos :-

Last Saturday I visited a beauty salon for a eye brow reshape something with most of you will do without blinking a eye
including myself the difference this time was that for the very first time or any where in public for that matter walking into the salon wearing this outfit.
a2.jpg

a1.jpg

what made it such a wonderful experience is the Salon owner and beautician just treated me as if it was a every day occurrence and nothing deferent at all.
For me it was the small and insignificant things like trying graceful, walking over cobbled stones without tripping up and even using a handbag.

After the salon experience I waked through a few streets to a vintage shop where I had a look around and spent most of the time talking to the owner.
which has given me a lot more confidence with my appearance and hopefully one day I might venture out wearing some vintage.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Fantastic! It's a stylist's job to help you feel good about yourself. I'm glad it was a good experience. Was this your first time ever out in feminine dress? I'm impressed, I know that takes slot of courage.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Paul, I am glad to hear you had a great time! :D You look beautiful- I love the blue shirt on you, it brings out your eyes.

Also- what brand/model are your shoes? I love that simple Mary Jane look. Are they comfortable? How high is the heel?

*SeaStar*

New in Town
Bravo Paul!!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time today! And I agree, its the little things that always count! *Hugs

Louise Anne

Suspended
A big thank you for all of your replies I really appreciate them
Was this your first time ever out in feminine dress?
Yes it was my very first , that's to say in a environment that I could not control who's about or what was going on about me.
I do admit that I was pretty nervous also.
A couple of my female friends in have seen me but then in a way I was in control of the situation.

What brand/model are your shoes? Are they comfortable? How high is the heel?
they bought from a cheap sea side shoes shop a couple of years ago for about £10 I thought they looked very 20's ish at the time
I wore them becuse I though I could walk for a distance in them without looking to awkward in them, they not high about 2 1/2" photo below.

a4.jpg

Were your photos taken before or after the eyebrow shape?
The photos wear taken afterwards. eyebrow shape is hard for me as I only wear feminine clothes now and again so it has to work with my male face shape also.
it's trying to get the balance right between the two different style.

a3.jpg

There an expression in the CD community which they use, Passable and None Passable self explanatory the problem is that it's one that only other can looking at it can decide which I fall into, I can always seen part of the real me !

at the end of the day my idea or I hope to do is to be able to blend in and to experiance whatever come my way

lareine

A-List Customer
LOL, Paul, have you seen sites like PeopleOfWalmart? Given how many people choose to dress when they appear in public these days, I don't think you need to worry about being Passable or Non passable ;) I don't know how you define what is Passable or not, but you look neat and well groomed and choose clothes and accessories that work well together, which puts you leagues ahead of the general public. Keep up the good work!

Louise Anne

Suspended
Oh thank you, it's ladies like you who give me the confidence to go down this avenue.
It's difficult to explained what I am trying to archive, I do not fully understand either.

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
LOL, Paul, have you seen sites like PeopleOfWalmart? Given how many people choose to dress when they appear in public these days, I don't think you need to worry about being Passable or Non passable ;) I don't know how you define what is Passable or not, but you look neat and well groomed and choose clothes and accessories that work well together, which puts you leagues ahead of the general public. Keep up the good work!

+1. I love how you're going for a beautifully classical style (note that I say "style" and not "fashion" :)), pulled together and tres classy! It all suits you! You're beaming in your photos!

I think we all go through a process of "finding your way", and trial and error, and uncertainties...if we wanted an easy life, we could just don the jeans and trackies and hoodies and trainers like what seems to be the majority these days do...

Last edited:

Louise Anne

Suspended
Oh thank you bunnyb.gal, Talking about style I am trying not to follow fashion trends and create my own style, with some classic styles like this and skirt suits also I will occasionally wear shorter skirts some times.
I trying to wear softer fabrics and more patterns and colours, that something which I always been a little shy about up to now.
when I were this look again I intent to try seamed stocking and maybe a slightly higher heels.
What excites me with clothing is how it ca be used to change some one look or image still staying with what suits you

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
Paul,

Good for you :) The first time is something else, isn't it? When I go out, it's usually to a club. You have more courage than me, I've yet to just go out "normal".

I'm lucky in that my eyebrows are blonde, almost white. I can trim them down to almost nothing and pencil in what I want.

If I had some pictures that were in keeping with the era, I'd post them. I've been playing with newer looks as of late.

M

Louise Anne

Suspended
An update from Me!
If you read the post above you realize that my first trip out was at best slightly limited in both time and where I visited becuse both places had in a way it was not totally unexpected as to what I was going to be wearing.

Baby steps as they say
Just over a month on from then, I meet up a female friend on a Saturday morning at the start of December and we when clothes shopping together looking around some of the main town enter shops looking for a new top and a few other item , the difference this time was that I was not really in control of what was going to happen.
Simple you might think until you take a look at the photo below and see how I was dressed, did I pass it off well the feed back I received must say it by been asked if I one to try on a top in a fitting room must say it all.
at the end of the day it's up to other to judge like every thing else in life I can only do my best.

Untitled-2.jpg

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
An update from Me!
If you read the post above you realize that my first trip out was at best slightly limited in both time and where I visited becuse both places had in a way it was not totally unexpected as to what I was going to be wearing.

Baby steps as they say
Just over a month on from then, I meet up a female friend on a Saturday morning at the start of December and we when clothes shopping together looking around some of the main town enter shops looking for a new top and a few other item , the difference this time was that I was not really in control of what was going to happen.
Simple you might think until you take a look at the photo below and see how I was dressed, did I pass it off well the feed back I received must say it by been asked if I one to try on a top in a fitting room must say it all.
at the end of the day it's up to other to judge like every thing else in life I can only do my best.

Untitled-2.jpg

You look absolutely adorable ♥

RodeoRose

A-List Customer

Truer words were never spoken! Good for you, and you really do look great! I like the outfit with the camel coat, it has a kinda mod vibe to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy