Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A shoe like these?

GearHead

One of the Regulars
I need a new pair of dress shoes for work and really like the style of these that I saw in Brooks Brothers this past weekend.
Link to Shoes
Besides them being a bit costly the other problem I have is that I'm hard on the top side of shoes.
In my line of work I'm working with instruments to take all sorts of clinical measurements with on people and always end up scuffing and putting cut marks into the top of the toe area because of hitting the carts and tables these instruments sit on.
So I don't want to spend a fortune on a nice shoe only to cut them to shreds in a years time.
But being on my feet alot they also have to be comfortable.
Can anyone recommend a shoe in that line of style in the $100 range?
I've been wearing Rockports for the past few years because they are really comfortable and not expensive but they don't have any style to them.

Thanks,
Erick

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Check out Zappos.com. There may be something there that fits your needs. None of it is great quality, but for that price you aren't going to be buying shoes that will last more than a year or two, anyway.

For a higher-quality option, search for Allen-Edmonds shoes on Ebay. I've found used pairs in good condition for under $100. AEs are quite well-made, and can be very comfortable if they fit right. They're over $300 new, but used ones might do for you.

Nick Charles

Practically Family
How about these
0900631b80f732e3M.TIF

Florsheim® Duval
Was $99.99; Now $79.99 Full-grain leather lace-up. Cotton drill vamp lining. Cushioned insole. Extra-durable PVC heel. Leather sole. Men's Duval leather dress shoe is imported from Brazil.
at jcpenny.com

0900631b80f72763L.jpg

Nick Charles

Practically Family
or these also on sale

0900631b80cbfb35L.jpg

Florsheim® Lexington Cap-toe
Was $99.95; Now $79.99 Lace up with perforated straight tip
Durable leather upper
Leather outsole with thermoplastic rubber island for additional comfort
A dressy shoe that doesn't sacrifice comfort for style. Full-grain leather with leather lining and a comfort heel cup. Slip-resistant sole. India.

GearHead

One of the Regulars
Thanks Nick. those look pretty decent. Have to try 'em on for comfort.
I usually go through a pair every year or two just because of the abuse so I know none of them are going to be long lasting and that's ok.

Erick

Molorom

Familiar Face
GearHead said:
I need a new pair of dress shoes for work and really like the style of these that I saw in Brooks Brothers this past weekend.
Link to Shoes
Besides them being a bit costly the other problem I have is that I'm hard on the top side of shoes.
In my line of work I'm working with instruments to take all sorts of clinical measurements with on people and always end up scuffing and putting cut marks into the top of the toe area because of hitting the carts and tables these instruments sit on.
So I don't want to spend a fortune on a nice shoe only to cut them to shreds in a years time.
But being on my feet alot they also have to be comfortable.
Can anyone recommend a shoe in that line of style in the $100 range?
I've been wearing Rockports for the past few years because they are really comfortable and not expensive but they don't have any style to them.

Thanks,
Erick

those look like aldens. Made in the usa out of cordovan.
http://www.aldenshoes.com/DrawOneShoe.asp?CategoryID=110
Must be.
Adam

jml90

One of the Regulars
Don't buy any of those you'll regret it later. They're all corrected grain leather and cemented soles. Go on ebay spend $20-$50 for used $150 for new Allen Edmonds. Instead of buying a new pair send them back they recraft them. Good as new.

Those Aldens are the same shoe as linked above just not made for BB

Molorom

Familiar Face
Be sure to check E-bay for aldens too. Just as good if not better than AE's. I own a couple of their shoes. A pair of boots and a pair of wingtips.
Adam

moustache

Practically Family
Nice!!!

Nick Charles said:
How about these
0900631b80f732e3M.TIF

Florsheim® Duval
Was $99.99; Now $79.99 Full-grain leather lace-up. Cotton drill vamp lining. Cushioned insole. Extra-durable PVC heel. Leather sole. Men's Duval leather dress shoe is imported from Brazil.
at jcpenny.com

0900631b80f72763L.jpg

And a good price as well!!! Might have to look into those.
I have my first pair of Allen-Edmonds coming tomorrow.Can't wait.

JD

32fee.jpg

32fee1.jpg

Sly Style

Familiar Face
All in all some very nice shoes, I need to look into getting some new kicks myself.

I remain sincerely,
Benny K.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats