Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Small Furry Animal For Your Head

Stan said:
Hi,

Oh, absolutely. With very little time or effort, I know that it would look completely different. I have seen many long-hair hats that looked wonderful.

As this one is in the auction photo, it looks more like a cat that has just eaten a bird. I'm pretty sure that the photo's white balance is way off and this isn't even anywhere near the actual color of the hat.

As such, I took this to be a joke thread with the joke being on the hat's seller. ;)

And, then, that ballcap just added to the humorous nature, of course! lol

later!

Stan

Sorry I shouldn't have come on so hard but there is a general view on this board that long hair finishes are low quality. Highly pounced beaver is not the end all of felt quality. For example the seal velour finish of the hat in my profile picture could not be made today. It is of the highest quality period. Beaver whatever it doesn't matter. Sorry for the rant.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
4390164045_965d26e245_o.jpg

Memo

Familiar Face
mayserwegener said:
Much ignorance on this board regarding long hair felt finishes. With some steam and brushing it would look completely different.

I am sure you think the hat in my profile is unfinished.

Wow! First the Carly Simon, "Your so vain" meltdown on the open road thread and now this. I was only bringing back my old cooties post. Some of us are ignorant and maybe that's why we come here to try and be enlightened.

Memo said:
Wow! First the Carly Simon, "Your so vain" meltdown on the open road thread and now this. I was only bringing back my old cooties post. Some of us are ignorant and maybe that's why we come here to try and be enlightened.

Sorry I came on so strong but this was reverse brushed which isn't outragous for this type Alpen style hat. My guess is it is from the 60s and the felt is of good quality. If it was brushed in a counter direction it would appear more slick like this Mayser (regardless of the style this is high quality felt finish, Borsalino, Habig others made such finishes).

4390323895_d342d1417f_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy