Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Spanish American War military portrait to share..

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Feraud said:
No. It was just a silly joke the troopers pulled on an unsuspecting traffic violator. :)
I didn't watch the whole film, so I'll have to rent it to get all the jokes. I thought it was pretty funny, what I saw of it.

dean

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Daisy Buchanan said:
Oh My Goodness, that sounds like it was hilarious:D!

Thanks for posting such wonderful pictures Feraud. I can't imagine our troops going into today's battles wearing those uniforms. These pictures sure do show us how tough the soldiers of yester-year were, to go into the field dressed like that, without the protective body armour we give our troops today.
Great photos, thanks for sharing them.

It's overall a good film, you should rent it.

Forget the armor. No vehicles to ride in, no air-conditioned field tents to come back too. One canteen of water and salt beef and hard biscuit for rations. Heavy wool blouse and trousers over wool long johns. "One size fits most" boots. A twelve pound, 4 foot long rifle. Just a wool blanket, no sleeping bag. No preventative shots, so dysentary, cholera, malaria...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic