Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A straw and a stare.

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
It's imperative that my generation (18-24) recognize the majesty of this era. Some day in my wisened years on this earth, there will be a child that will remind me of days long ago, oddly enough I'll reflect on the same moment of nostalgia that my grandparent's reflect on every time I come to visit them.

Irony can be a beautiful thing if it's dressed well!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I have a picture of you gentlemen as well, although we all look quite a bit younger in the photographs shared it seems. I remember you were both off to the Derby, and I was not yet 21, after the dance. I still have yet to go there...

10.28.04.gif

It's imperative that my generation (18-24) recognize the majesty of this era.

Definately agreed, my dear. Who would have any lovely memories of the modern era we currently live in in regards to anything "mainstream." I get images of billboards on Sunset with Britney Spears wearing nearly nothing flitting in my head as an example. In order to have anything gracious in this era, it is my belief you must live graciously, being a person of character, wit, charm, and culture. And although I do not yet attribute myself to be in that "higher level" it is cetainly something to be strived for, in my opinion. I certainly would rather have my grandchildren see pictures of me in vintage style or tasteful modern clothing than looking like a modern strumpet.

But back to the hat, I believe it is quite remarkable, although I know not nearly enough about men's vintage clothing (I am to be educated on this forum among other places, I hope) I find the band quite alluring and very liable to get quite a few "stares" that you are after.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I have a picture of you gentlemen as well, although we all look quite a bit younger in the photographs shared it seems. I remember you were both off to the Derby, and I was not yet 21, after the dance. I still have yet to go there...

It might have been the Derby or Memories. either way, that is pretty cool to see you show up on the lounge after what... 5-6 years?

I'm wearing my brown homburg in the pic.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Funny story about the bow tie! That whole thing was frustrating! Ok, the day of the event I found the pants for the outfit at Aaardvarks just two hours before the event! I couldn’t find a collar any where! It took me like a month to get as much as I had together! I had the white 1930’s bow tie, but just was lacking the collar.

So, there you have it in a nut shell.

Root.

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
Well I got the hat in yesterday evening. Lauren was the first to see it, and we agree. It is incredible, and the pictures DO NOT do it justice

Regards,

Daniel Riser

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy