Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A strongly recommended Hong Kong Shirt maker

Jetset

New in Town
There's TONS of great tailors around HK, and even up in Shenzhen who will make shirts for cheap, and to whatever specification you like. I used to get my stuff made there all the time, but it was convenient because I lived there :D You just gotta watch out. As with everything, sometimes you just get a bad item once in a while. You have to be a smart consumer is all, because more often than not, quality needs to be demanded over there, rather than expected.

Last edited:
It's only worthwhile if you're in town. In that case, they take care of you and do what you want, and do it very well! Their internet orders, I don't think they really give a crap. it's a very small part of their business.

When in situ, I had great experiences with Jantzen. I even had them create a pattern for a 1920s shirt so that people here could order online. Rudie got one good shirt from them over t'internets using the 1920s pattern, though it shrunk in the wash … the next one was way too big in the collar. I believe he also had issues with communication.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
When in situ, I had great experiences with Jantzen. I even had them create a pattern for a 1920s shirt so that people here could order online. Rudie got one good shirt from them over t'internets using the 1920s pattern, though it shrunk in the wash … the next one was way too big in the collar. I believe he also had issues with communication.

Correct. The first shirts was near perfect, with the collar a tiny bit too tight. The next one was disaster. I wanted them to shorten the overall length of the shirt and they shortened just the tails. Looks ridiculous. And the collar was about four sizes too big. I contacted them several times about this and never got a reply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24