Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Terrible Loss: My Art Fawcett Beauty

The Wingnut

One Too Many
A friend has a cardinal rule: Never, ever EVER leave items in plain sight in your car. Not even a coat. Thieves will gladly smash in a window to grab anything of value, no matter how trivial. He's seen it time and time again. He's got several very nice cars and the coats, bags, etc go in the trunk. He visits a lot of rough neighborhoods(we got in a verbal confrontation Sunday night with a ragged-looking pusher that was upset that we had money and weren't buying drugs on 'his' street) and through experience has learned that absolutely nothing other than the upholstery should visible through the windows.

It's a crying shame about your hat. I would be livid if someone were to steal mine. That's like busting in a window to grab a pair of shoes. It's such a highly personalized item in size, wear and style, and comes in contact with some pretty dirty areas of the body.

Keep your eyes peeled. Most petty thieves live in the areas they victimize (bad parts of town aren't bad because criminals visit, but because that's where they live), breaking rules that even animals know better to keep: Don't $**t where you eat.

Check ebay and the local pawn shops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy