Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Thank You

EvilDmitri

New in Town
Thanks everyone for helping me find the right first hat for me! Finally got it here, the fit is good, and shaping the crown was a fun process that added a nice personal touch. I tried a diamond crease but instead went with a somewhat deep teardrop with a slight downward rake from front to back. The hat is a Federation Standard in Chocolate.

As I suspected, it matches my WW2 style coat wonderfully! This pic is a bit blurry but was the best I could get.

pict0003yy0.jpg

Thanks again for the help!

Wconly

Familiar Face
Question: Does Bogie know you have his clothing? Nice looking outfit. You look great! Congrats and Kudos! W>

EvilDmitri

New in Town
farmerbaker said:
Nice coat-is it vintage or made to resemble a vintage coat?
It's made by Polo, picked it up at a Salvation Army (it was in brand new quality and the women's section so nobody had found it!) for $60 (probably could have gotten it for $30 if they had a half off sale that day, but I couldn't wait). The quality on it is amazing, it has tons of little details that make it a supurb coat - unfortunately, it's also in all likelyhood an expensive one :(. I found a similar overcoat on the Polo website for $300 but it seems to be of lesser quality and has less features. Also, it isn't styled quite as well in the WW2 look.

The moment I got the coat home to take a really good look at it, I knew I needed a hat to go with it.

Here's the outfit. The pics of the coat aren't so great but it was hard to display for one. And thank you all for the kind comments :)

*Edit* Ah. No wonder it was a pain! In my haste I buttoned it the wrong way!
PICT0002.jpg

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy