Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trade for a Weird Whippet? 7 1/8

Mighty44

One Too Many
This is kind of a curiosity—a grayish green Whippet that’s been reblocked so it is 5 7/8 open crown and very steep sided. With a very shallow C-crease it looks almost straight vertical all around, except in front where you get a slight reverse taper. With a diamond crease (lower photos) it gets a reverse taper front and back.

To me it kind of looks like a 1920s fedora or something from Hufvud. It’s too much hat for me but some folks really like this style so wanted to see if anyone has a beater they felt like swapping.

It’s in okay condition—the felt is old but had a gas bath and it’s got new ribbon and binding. The sweat is starting to go but still comfortable.

Message me if interested. I like gray hats a lot, if there’s one laying around not getting enough head time.

Cheers,

David
IMG_1726.jpeg
IMG_1725.jpeg
IMG_1724.jpeg
IMG_1728.jpeg
IMG_1729.jpeg
IMG_1737.jpeg
IMG_1741.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1720.jpeg
    IMG_1720.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:

vincent stuart

One of the Regulars
Thanks again I have Resistols , Stetson’s , and a whippet with a lower crown . All fedoras in grey. Will message you tomorrow . I am one of those high crown fedora fanatics,. Oh by the way , how wide is the brim on your whippet ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner