Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Touching Sight

Canadave

One Too Many
Yesterday, I noticed an all-too-common scene in big cities. It was the sleeping place of a homeless man. It consisted of a mattress and sleeping bag, pillow and other personal possessions against the wall and under the overhang of the back of a grocery store. I went back today, because I wanted to take a couple of pictures. I felt a bit uncomfortable doing so, but I wanted to document this for you all.

homelesshat.jpg

If you look very closely at the left end of the pile, you'll see this.

homelesshat1.JPG

It's obviously one of his very few possessions. It's dirty enough that I guess he figures no one will steal it. I think it's a fine looking hat!

David :(

Bogie1943

Practically Family
I have to share this story, an idea of mine for a short student film. I was walking to my cigar shop one day, I crossed the 5 lane street, and saw the bench on the corner. Laying on that very bench was a homeless man, the poor fellow needed help, but like everyone else I kept walking to the shop and payed him little mind. But the next day, walking to the shop I saw the bench again, this time sitting on it was a nicely dressed older man in his 70's+. I thought to myself, wow, the life of a city bench, I wonder what that nicely dressed old man would think if I told him a homeless man slept there the day before. It was just one of those little everyday things that your mind catches once in a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR