Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A tour of Dylan Thomas' home

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I can't view videos here at work, but I will do so later. I'm curious to see if there's any resemblance to the world created in that wonderful film of "A Child's Christmas in Wales" done by the BBC inthe early 80's, which is now finally available on DVD. It's always been part of my holiday ritual.
I occasionally visit the location of the other end of the poet's life, the White Horse Tavern in Manhattan. It's the second oldest bar in Manhattan (1880) and the spot where Dylan Thomas sat and polished off 22 scotches before staggering of into the darkness to die is often pointed out to tourists. The story is somewhat apocryphal, but he was definitely a regular at the White Horse.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
dhermann1 said:
I occasionally visit the location of the other end of the poet's life, the White Horse Tavern in Manhattan. It's the second oldest bar in Manhattan (1880) and the spot where Dylan Thomas sat and polished off 22 scotches before staggering of into the darkness to die is often pointed out to tourists....

...died a poet's death. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace