Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dylan Thomas Centenary Project - Celebrities wanted

Tin Shed Experience

New in Town
Hi All,

If any of you know of, or ARE celebrities.....the Tin Shed wants you!
We are based in the township of Laugharne, West Wales. Its a town synonymous with the poet Dylan Thomas. Its where he spent the last four years of his life as home before his ill fated drinking binge at the White Horse Tavern in Greenwich Village NYC in November 1953. We are initiating a project for the centenary year of Dylan's birth (2014) which we are looking to involve celebrities from the world over to be a part of. Our town is strongly thought to be the inspiration to Dylan's best known work 'Under Milk Wood' and as such we are creating a series of lifesize high quality fibreglass figures based on the characters from that play. We are looking for famous Dylan fans to help with the design of the figures, through sketches or detailed descriptions for us to create thier character. These characters would then be set up in various and unusual locations around the town for people to find and enjoy. We would also look at touring these figures through towns and cities to exhibit.

If you think you can help us please contact us on thetinshedexperience@yahoo.co.uk
HTML:

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Not a celebrity, but a fan of Dylan Thomas, and an occasional visitor at the White Horse Tavern. I usually sit in Thomas's seat when it's available, right next to the door. I always think of him when I'm there.
Sounds like a great project, good luck.

Tin Shed Experience

New in Town
Not a celebrity, but a fan of Dylan Thomas, and an occasional visitor at the White Horse Tavern. I usually sit in Thomas's seat when it's available, right next to the door. I always think of him when I'm there.
Sounds like a great project, good luck.

Hi dhermann1

Thanks you very much. We would really like representatives from the White Horse Tavern to design a figure also as its such an important part of Dylan's life. I have been searching for an email address for the manager or owner but have been unsuccessful thus far. If you know of any contact there would you kindly put them in touch?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou